Strava - Your Year in Sport

The Ouzo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Why do they send this out so early, received mine via email yesterday, but there are still 2 weeks worth of riding left of the year.

the techies go on holiday....should rather do it in mid jan, shouldn't they!

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

the techies go on holiday....should rather do it in mid jan, shouldn't they!

everything is automated these days, they can set it up (if it needs setting up) and schedule it to run 1 Jan, early hours of the morning.

30 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Why do they send this out so early, received mine via email yesterday, but there are still 2 weeks worth of riding left of the year.

So you also need two more rides and another three walks to reach your years goals ....  :whistling:

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

So you also need two more rides and another three walks to reach your years goals ....  :whistling:

With various things this year keeping me off the bike I'm now left with 8 rides for the year to hit my goal of 6000km. 

From today I increased my morning rides by around 10% because I missed out on yesterdays ride and looking at the weather predictions I need to build in a little wiggle room for the weather.

I have already achieved my best year on the bike (since i started recording digitally) but I'm still 360km short of the goal I set.

Who cares?!? You have your records for the year and you will know if you hit your own target or not.  Do you really need something from Strava as vindication?  Because it does not look as good now to post to social media where no one really cares anyway!!

1 minute ago, shaper said:

Who cares?!? You have your records for the year and you will know if you hit your own target or not.  Do you really need something from Strava as vindication?  Because it does not look as good now to post to social media where no one really cares anyway!!

because its nice to have a little something you can share for bragging rights.

I've worked hard to achieve my measly stats man, let me brag about them.

I enjoy stats. 

Strava just combined it all into a single fun report. Nothing wrong with that. 

I’m 200km short of my 3000km goal for the year and 10 days in which to do it. 

Considering my level of fitness… this is going to be a huge task. 

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

With various things this year keeping me off the bike I'm now left with 8 rides for the year to hit my goal of 6000km. 

From today I increased my morning rides by around 10% because I missed out on yesterdays ride and looking at the weather predictions I need to build in a little wiggle room for the weather.

I have already achieved my best year on the bike (since i started recording digitally) but I'm still 360km short of the goal I set.

Same here.

February and March I spent more time at the physio than on the bike ...

About 3 more rides and 4 afternoon walks to get to my personal targets.

1 minute ago, SiriS said:

I completely lost interest in Strava over the years. But yeah, stats are cool and definitely is a motivator to a lot of us. 

End of December I will be comparing Strava and Garmin Connect ..... not impressed with how Strava lumps the totals together ....

Short of following two friends on Strava I have lost interest in it

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

End of December I will be comparing Strava and Garmin Connect ..... not impressed with how Strava lumps the totals together ....

Short of following two friends on Strava I have lost interest in it

I also use Statshunter for stats.

I dont really like the interface for GC

1 minute ago, 'Dale said:

Strand is such a cool app. Genius. And annual stats always reveal how magical or how sleg the athlete was. 

Strand ?