The Ouzo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Auto-spelling on smartie phone 

figured as much, especially after I could not find such an app on my app store.

24 minutes ago, Ossie NL said:

Interesting that no one posted their brag stats here yet ... ek se maar net

As proud as I am of my best to date .... it is barely more than one long trip for

@copperhead

Even a very productive next two weeks will leave me more than 4000km short of 2019 and 2020 (although that was mostly Zwift km's).

Still, after a k** year, I'm happy with that

The one thing the report confirmed for me was just how bad a year it was wrt training. 

I did less than a third of the cumulative training hours compared to 2020.

Dealing with Covid in the middle of the year and slowly coming back to form meant that no records were broken. But I am content with where I am physically, all things considered.

2022 is going to be much better, fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I'm always amused that people who have no interest in or hate on Strava feel the need to get involved in these threads and comment ... skud maar net my kop

Agree. The “I hate strava but I have to tell someone” crowd

For me it is an extremely valuable training tool. 

Edited by Steady Spin

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Only 2 KOMs this year. I’m getting old.

I’ll be passing 10 000 / 100 000 which is my minimum goal every year. Blessed. 🛵

BD3AB476-C698-48D0-8136-5E3489281E69.jpeg

I don’t Strava but use my garmin for my targets - I will end up a quite a few  thousand kms behind you but my vert passed your target recently - surrounded by hills I have no choice 

18 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I'm always amused that people who have no interest in or hate on Strava feel the need to get involved in these threads and comment ... skud maar net my kop

Trut

1 minute ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I don’t Strava but use my garmin for my targets - I will end up a quite a few  thousand kms behind you but my vert passed your target recently - surrounded by hills I have no choice 

Respect on that vert, Wayne 

35 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Trut

Respect on that vert, Wayne 

I’m actually trying to find a way to do the Rapha festive 500 without the normal vert riding here brings - might have to pull out the roadbike and do laps around George 

30 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I’m actually trying to find a way to do the Rapha festive 500 without the normal vert riding here brings - might have to pull out the roadbike and do laps around George 

If I do the ParkRun at Germiston Lake, I can get serious elevation gain; must be a glitch in the matrix along the route:
E9A99D89-E4F2-4CB1-B16B-DEF674487DE2.png.fabc244c2f4a2f62ec5bc136403ce1ec.png

5 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Might get to 12k by 31st. Mostly road and zwift this year. Next year might be the year of the Mtb. 20211220_195147.jpg.7af46d5a5023364b025cd0548f71b285.jpg

I have a similar distance, but only 77k elevation gain. The Oos Rand is flat.