Strava - Your Year in Sport

The Ouzo

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Didn’t want to create a new thread for this. 
This popped up in my news feed over the weekend, so I thought for something different I’d use it in conjunction with digital. 

lekker old school. 

although I’m ignoring that it’s in miles

C6CCB5B3-7E6A-4441-B61D-AA8D79BE40DC.jpeg.82aaa7928fc99922855efe2107c7facd.jpeg

Good luck.

Strava has something similar in the Premium version; the weekly goal. I used it when I still had an annual subscription but then lost the ability when the subscription ended.

You set your annual goal, then workout a weekly goal. I planned (220+220+220+150) / 4 * 52 to get 10,500 for the year. The 150 was a recovery week.

Then ended up doing more than 220 in some weeks, as weather plays a role sometimes. 

was surprisingly easy how the distance to target gets smaller each week; kinda like paying off a net rest on a home loan (a little bit extra each month reduces the number of periods).

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Good luck.

Strava has something similar in the Premium version; the weekly goal. I used it when I still had an annual subscription but then lost the ability when the subscription ended.

You set your annual goal, then workout a weekly goal. I planned (220+220+220+150) / 4 * 52 to get 10,500 for the year. The 150 was a recovery week.

Then ended up doing more than 220 in some weeks, as weather plays a role sometimes. 

was surprisingly easy how the distance to target gets smaller each week; kinda like paying off a net rest on a home loan (a little bit extra each month reduces the number of periods).

I'm just using it as a nice consolidated visual way to see my progress. There is no goal mileage this year, but thinking about it now. maybe I should recreated this with a way to track my elevation, as I have a goal for the year on elevation.

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

I'm just using it as a nice consolidated visual way to see my progress. There is no goal mileage this year, but thinking about it now. maybe I should recreated this with a way to track my elevation, as I have a goal for the year on elevation.

That too MUCH MUCH longer than it needed to

C22CDDD6-7CA5-4B7B-B3B8-30128C39D422.jpeg.70c51e1785d09484159ce319627ccb2e.jpeg

Edited by ouzo

• 10 months later...

Didn’t reach my goals this year, still did ever so slightly more elevation than last though. 
Illness and general tiredness room it’s toll. Since 947 I’ve not done much even though I planned to. A week off for holiday, then we’ve come back and have all had tummy bugs since. So have just decided that I’ll ride if I feel like riding for the rest of the year and try again next year for that elevation goal. 

Strava did however say I was in the top 8% for the year. 

33EDEB8D-456B-4287-B24A-C983FC8C15F1.jpeg

Edited by The Ouzo

10 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Solid digits there @NicholasT

@The Ouzo you never crawled into a huddle on the couch. Respect.

Well done to you too after that nasty crash. Your almost daily tweets and posts helps others more than you know. 

as you mention many times, riding is therapy. I need it to keep me sane. 
Plus I’m in the shape of my life, I’ve worked hard to get here and that is motivation to not give it all up. 

Not the best numbers I have had, but included two moves and a 70.3 finish. So not happy with the numbers, but happy with the results. Now that everything has settled a bit, I can set a nice target for next year. Still busy resting now.

strava1821581188164741427.jpg

3 hours ago, Cardio Goth said:

image.jpeg.93c0c540675aca0a08fcebfebdbf86c1.jpeg

Lots of time indoors and lots of using what little time I had to try to get in some training, but pleased with my commitment in 2022, through a tough year.  

that's some impressive vert

4 hours ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

Not the best numbers I have had, but included two moves and a 70.3 finish. So not happy with the numbers, but happy with the results. Now that everything has settled a bit, I can set a nice target for next year. Still busy resting now.

strava1821581188164741427.jpg

I need to pick your brain a bit regarding the 70.3

1 minute ago, Mike Nel said:

I need to pick your brain a bit regarding the 70.3

Sure, send a PM and I can see if I can help you out.