Sani2C vs Berg & Bush

Mattman

I would be interested to hear views from those that have ridden Sani and/ or Berg & Bush. I’m looking to do one of these this year and given the similar event dates, cost, distances etc. I’m torn between the 2. Appreciate that it’s difficult to compare without being specific on criteria, but keeping opinions as broad as possible 👌🏻

I love Berg and Bush have done a couple of them but if you haven't done Sani2c I would say do Sani2C- Day 2 is some of the best MTB riding I have ever done.

Do Sani2c this year Berg & Bush next year and Wines2Whales after that or just ride JHB2C 🙂

Edited by _David_

2 minutes ago, Skott5 said:

Berg and Bush gets my vote.

Starting and finishing at the same place is a huge bonus and the riding is good.

Agreed, starting and finishing at the same place is a huge bonus. We normally stay at a guest house close to the start much better than staying in the tents.

Ditto as above .Berg@Bush for me .I hate logistics .If it rains both are bad ,like my last B@B .Traveled to Winterton ,slept in a tent and rode back the next day 

Done both, prefer Sani. Love day 2 of Sani. Day 1 of Berg and Bush has its moments, but lots of district road to get from the drop into KZN to the Spionkop area. Would do both every year, if I could.

Having done multiple sani’s I would say Berg ‘n Bush. 

Last Sani I did was in 2019, and it was still very much corporate focussed.

I’m in for Berg n bush this year ( last years entry got transferred) and I am super stoked. From a rider experience perspective, BNB just has a bit more of a personal feel, from a route perspective, Sani is a little better, however, there is nothing wrong with the BNB singletrack.

Now, for the best of both, just enter Joburg2c, and all will be good in your life.

Joberg2c 2 birds one stone

sani2c day 2 as said above, is the best vaalies can do in a day

if you stay in the cape I’m pretty sure you can have 3 days of better trails than all of the above just riding around, (not as safely)

I haven’t done wines but I believe it beats them

all🤷🏻‍♂️

28 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Joberg2c 2 birds one stone

sani2c day 2 as said above, is the best vaalies can do in a day

if you stay in the cape I’m pretty sure you can have 3 days of better trails than all of the above just riding around, (not as safely)

I haven’t done wines but I believe it beats them

all🤷🏻‍♂️

If you’re in the Cape then nothing beats Tankwa Trek. 
Sani v B&B - Sani for me but more admin. 

It's a toss up. Either one should leave you smiling, depending what exactly you're after. As mentioned above, if you can, do Joberg2c. Failing which, do one now and the other later. Few others worth doing are: Tankwa (technical and tough), PE to Plett.

We're spoilt for choice

Received today....

Dear joberg2c rider 

We hope you and your families and friends have a had a good holiday.

This is a message to let you know that you are one of the luckiest mountain bikers in the world...

After 11 years of awesome adventures, joberg2c as you know it will come to an end after 2022 and you will be riding it out, with us, on a high.. 
2022 is going to be the best year to date!

There are numerous smaller reasons for this decision notwithstanding the impact that Covid has had on the event, but the main reason is the life changes amongst the organisers, Gary, Glen and Wappo.

• Farmer Glen will continue to farm, to do sani2c and most importantly he is about to become a grandad and he wants more time at home.
  • Farmer Gary will continue his fine form as a grandad, farmer and he will continue to work with his family on Berg and Bush and Oxpecker.
  • Wappo will be starting a new event in the Free State and Berg to support the villages that depend on the funds from joberg2c, and to keep the vibe alive.

Thanks to your support, joberg2c became an iconic mountain biking ride showcasing the very best of communities from city to sea. We have put over R35 Million back into these communities and we are immensely proud of this, thanks to the great support from adventurous people like you who are prepared to go the extra mile to get the most out of life.

If your friends or family still want to ride, we know that some international riders may not make it, so tell them to get their arses into gear and to ride the final joberg2c 2022 with you.

Both are great events, it would be difficult to choose a better one.

Sani is more scenic, has more flowy singletrack.

Berg is slightly more technical, and arguably has a better camp vibe

If I had to, would choose Berg by a whisker.