Introducing Team Imbuko {type}DEV equipped by Giant

News bot

Imbuko Wines, {type}DEV and Giant Bicycles have combined forces to support a large squad of talented young riders in 2022 and beyond. Having sponsored a South African mountain biking team since 2017 Imbuko Wines has built a reputation for fostering young talent and promoting exciting racing. {type}DEV, for their part, entered the sport when their […]

View full article

That is a proper squad of talented youngsters... they surely will be up there in all races they appear in.

Did I miss where Tristan Nortje is off to?

2 minutes ago, AfterDark said:

Tristan N has signed up with an international outfit (same as Matt) - you'll probably see them in that teams colours this coming weekend at the Attakwas.

is this a merger of the two teams then.. or just a sponsor switch?

either way great that brands are still supporting teams, the top riders all started somewhere.

Merger of Typedev Nanotime & Imbuko Giant - made sense for us to combine our resources and to better help out some of the young talent in SA. Hopefully we can help them to get them to the Alan / Matt level so they can do their thing on the international stage as well.

5 minutes ago, AfterDark said:

Merger of Typedev Nanotime & Imbuko Giant - made sense for us to combine our resources and to better help out some of the young talent in SA. Hopefully we can help them to get them to the Alan / Matt level so they can do their thing on the international stage as well.

That is brilliant and I'm sure they are going to push each other to another level... 

Keen to see where Matt and Tristan are headed. 

7 hours ago, Shebeen said:

is this a merger of the two teams then.. or just a sponsor switch?

either way great that brands are still supporting teams, the top riders all started somewhere.

This is a completely separate team of Matt and Tristan.

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 4:00 PM, AfterDark said:

well done. enjoy i t todayimage.png.fd2a9c472a7dae7098f0dcd30c41bb61.png 

12 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

well done. enjoy i t todayimage.png.fd2a9c472a7dae7098f0dcd30c41bb61.png 

Tx, we are super chuffed with Marco and Pieter's result today. Had a bit of bad luck in previous stages. But had great support from Wessel and Franko backing them. And today it all came together beautifully.