Liv Commits to Mariske Strauss

News bot

Liv Cycling South Africa have signed Mariske Strauss, the multiple South African cross-country champion for 2022 and beyond. The 2021 Absa African Jersey winner will focus on UCI XCO World Cup racing in preparation for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games as well as selected South African stage races, including the Absa Cape Epic. Strauss will […]

View full article

12 minutes ago, Press Office said:

Liv Cycling South Africa have signed Mariske Strauss, the multiple South African cross-country champion for 2022 and beyond. The 2021 Absa African Jersey winner will focus on UCI XCO World Cup racing in preparation for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games as well as selected South African stage races, including the Absa Cape Epic. Strauss will be competing predominantly on the Liv Pique Advanced Pro 29 full suspension mountain bike. Rola Motor Group will continue their long-standing partnership with South Africa’s most successful women’s mountain biker, while Garmin has come onboard as a new personal sponsor.

View full article

Nice, Congrats must say bought my daughter a Liv road bike for her trainer. Very impressed superb paint work and they know how to work with colours, it was only on the trainer but I was very impressed, must look into their range

Mariske's longevity, incredible.

Her resilience to persevere and keep on grafting, priceless, even with the back and forth touring between EuroLand and Mama South Africa, as well as the unpredictability that comes with the C19 gogga.

Well done, sponsors, for backing up women's sport. 

Just spent a fair bit purchasing a vehicle from Rola Motor group. I have since noticed Alan Hatherley in a Rola Motors vehicle and now Mariske Strauss receiving sponsorship. Well done to Rola Motor Group.

I think the Toyota product range and mountain biking are a great lifestyle combination and I hope that all cyclists will support Rola Motor Group.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:01 AM, ouzo said:

Nice

And well done to Rola Motor Group, there seems to be a reluctance from SA Automotive groups and OEMs to sponsor cycling lately, so seeing them onboard is great news.

They've had an association with MTB for a while now, we did some stuff with their Volvo dealers a few years back, and they had a partnership with Arian Luthi at some point. Great to see a brand being both consistent and proactive. 
Good sponsorship lesson there. 

9 minutes ago, LUZERN said:

Just spent a fair bit purchasing a vehicle from Rola Motor group. I have since noticed Alan Hatherley in a Rola Motors vehicle and now Mariske Strauss receiving sponsorship. Well done to Rola Motor Group.

I think the Toyota product range and mountain biking are a great lifestyle combination and I hope that all cyclists will support Rola Motor Group.

Rola dont only do Toyota, they have a number of brand under their umbrella

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

They've had an association with MTB for a while now, we did some stuff with their Volvo dealers a few years back, and they had a partnership with Arian Luthi at some point. Great to see a brand being both consistent and proactive. 
Good sponsorship lesson there. 

agreed.

I tried to get Volvo or Land Rover up here to get behind some cycling events but was always met with "our budget has been spent for the year" responses. The problem for the most part is that unless the marketing exec knows about the sport they are sponsoring, they are either not interested, or see the potential but put the money into the wrong places and therefore get little ROI.