VW Caddy owners - a question

travisza

I can't believe VWSA managed to drop the market dominance the Kombi had in this category in the 70/80s. They still still polos in the same numbers city golf's had, but the family vehicle space is much busier

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the Caddy ....

Saw a normal Caddy today, at least three adults and bikes in the Caddy, at Bloemendal.👍

While later a Caddy Maxi drove in .... bike rack with two bikes mounted behind the Caddy .... was temptef to go ask why the bikes where not inside ... 🤪

18 hours ago, justinafrika said:

A varsity student/prospective cycling pro and his GF swanning slothing about in a Caddy claiming "and I love it”?  M’na?  At your age I admired and much later got them sleek Italian beasts and I still rather bike EVERYWHERE, slower than a sloth.  Trust a ciclista to get tingly about a Caddy.  

I had a Defender and I think I am scarred for life from the experience. Now I just want something reliable and functional... Like a bicycle 

We have two Caddy's. A 1.6 commercial that's perfect for transporting 2 people and bikes, and a 7 seater 2.0 TDI short wheel base that's perfect for 3 people and bikes. I had looked for a Maxi at the time, but could not find one in good condition. We are only 3 so its configured with 3 seats 90% of the time, if you need to have more than 3 people with bikes, go for the Maxi, or tow bar and bike rack. Never had a singe issue with either, and the 1.6 has over 200 000Km. Consumption is similar but the TDI is a nicer drive.   

19 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I can't believe VWSA managed to drop the market dominance the Kombi had in this category in the 70/80s. They still still polos in the same numbers city golf's had, but the family vehicle space is much busier

Google VW ID.Buzz - the new Kombi that may well take the world by storm…

Edited by Zebra
spelling!