Hope 4 pro seal not sitting flat

Francois Venter

I got a new xd drive in December for my hope 4 pro and the green seal that is meant to protect the teeth isn’t sitting flat. When I spin my wheel one sided the seal always just shows and then go away on the rotation, is this normal or not? I’m just worried dirt gets in and damages the teeth and hub. If you can help it would be very appreciated.

Francois

That seal needs to fit firmly into the hub body.  Best to push it in with the flat of a screwdriver before fitting the cassette onto the free hub. Once the cassette is on it is almost impossible to get it in.  Obviously problematic if the free hub comes out while removing the wheel from the bike.  Hope this helps.

58 minutes ago, Francois Venter said:

I got a new xd drive in December for my hope 4 pro and the green seal that is meant to protect the teeth isn’t sitting flat. When I spin my wheel one sided the seal always just shows and then go away on the rotation, is this normal or not? I’m just worried dirt gets in and damages the teeth and hub. If you can help it would be very appreciated.

Francois

they have a good video on their site. Without their tool, it was a fiddle to fit a microspline one for me

30mm ish pvc pipe makes a perfect seal fitting tool for these.

builders etc. or whatever you have lying around. 

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, David Marshall said:

That seal needs to fit firmly into the hub body.  Best to push it in with the flat of a screwdriver before fitting the cassette onto the free hub. Once the cassette is on it is almost impossible to get it in.  Obviously problematic if the free hub comes out while removing the wheel from the bike.  Hope this helps.

Thanks so much. I can ride in peace now. 

26 minutes ago, MORNE said:

30mm ish pvc pipe makes a perfect seal fitting tool for these.

builders etc. or whatever you have lying around. 

I just used my fingers and it popped in nicely, but will get some for later use. Thanks 

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

they have a good video on their site. Without their tool, it was a fiddle to fit a microspline one for me

I searched everywhere and couldn’t find the video from them, but came right I’ll keep on looking for if I need it later. Thanks