Andreassen and De Villiers Beat the Heat to Win Attakwas Extreme Titles

News bot

Oudtshoorn’s Yolande de Villiers and Denmark’s Simon Andreassen coped relatively well with the extreme heat in the Klein Karoo on Saturday, 15 January 2022. In doing so the pair were able to best survive the 16th edition of the Momentum Medical Scheme Attakwas Extreme, presented by Biogen. Their victories were completed in 6 hours, 6 minutes and 18 seconds; and 5 hours, 11 minutes and 20 seconds, respectively.

View full article

I get that sponsors need to be promoted but, using the full title every time the race was mentioned, made for a very clunky read.

Sounds like it was a brutal day out with some good racing at the 16th edition of the Momentum Medical Scheme Attakwas Extreme.

17 hours ago, Trashy said:

Sounds like it was a brutal day out with some good racing at the 16th edition of the Momentum Medical Scheme Attakwas Extreme.

Don't you mean "16th edition of the Momentum Medical Scheme Attakwas Extreme, presented by Biogen". 😅

2 hours ago, W Smith said:

De Villiers is getting better and better with old age.Consider that that at her age she beat Oliver Munnik and Ben Melt Swanepoel.In a class of her own.Fifteenth overall.Amazing  

Can’t wait for her to turn 50 and take the SA XCM Elite title. Makes Valverde look like a spotty teenager. 

On 1/16/2022 at 5:21 PM, W Smith said:

De Villiers is getting better and better with old age.Consider that that at her age she beat Oliver Munnik and Ben Melt Swanepoel.In a class of her own.Fifteenth overall.Amazing  

Seems the Long Term effects of doping are not just for Valverde 🤣

8 hours ago, babse said:

Waited for this 🍿

Hahaha me too…

She really is a monster on these ultra endurance distances. Is she going/allowed to ride at the epic?

19 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Hahaha me too…

She really is a monster on these ultra endurance distances. Is she going/allowed to ride at the epic?

No because she will embarrass the international female factory riders.  

I remember she was in the top 10 overall of the swartberg extreme as well. Must be the karoo air/environment that really suits her?

1 hour ago, W@nted said:

It's a no go for her.