How much can I sell this bike for?

Bub Marley

Hi guys

I have a Sintesi 26er hardtail.

I’m just trying to ascertain if its worth selling it, or if I should strip the parts or maybe do something else, like convert to a gravel bike for instance.

What can I expect to get if i were to sell? Or what would be a price I should advertise for?

Its an aluminium 26” frame with sram 1x11. Size medium.

Parts:

Crank - Sram X1

Brakes - Sram XX1

Rear derailleur - Sram X01

Shifters - Sram X01 gripshift

Wheels - Token Alloy Rims

Fox Suspension

The bike with all parts have done 1600km in total except for the shock which was bought second hand. Its been gathering dust for the last 5 years in my garage as I was away. I have a new 29er frame which needs to be built. One option I though was to transfer the groupset onto the new bike. But I thought maybe if i get a decent offer I could sell the whole bike.

Other option would be to maybe the strip the bike and sell the parts separately.

Any advice?

313886CB-04D5-4767-8D3F-32778553BE2B.jpeg

03EF2EEA-5760-49B4-9010-85AB9BBB5624.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Ossie NL said:

My opinion is that you have good components (assuming whole drivetrain is XX1/01) on an outdated frame.

I would use the components for something else

I have to agree with Ossie on taking the components over but I will be keen on all the 26er parts if you want to get rid of it. I would just like to get through Janu-worry but ya, then we can chat if you want 

9 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I have to agree with Ossie on taking the components over but I will be keen on all the 26er parts if you want to get rid of it. I would just like to get through Janu-worry but ya, then we can chat if you want 

We can chat, mate.

Which parts are you interested in? Frame, Shocks & Wheels?

Just now, Bub Marley said:

We can chat, mate.

Which parts are you interested in? Frame, Shocks & Wheels?

Yes, you can keep the rest 😁. But to give you an idea of the value of those items: 

Fork - R +/- 1500.00
Wheels & Tires - R +/- 1 750.00
Frame - R +/- 600.00

2 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Yes, you can keep the rest 😁. But to give you an idea of the value of those items: 

Fork - R +/- 1500.00
Wheels & Tires - R +/- 1 750.00
Frame - R +/- 600.00

Cool.

Drop me a message when you ready.👍