UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

54 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Hopefully XCO can take off properly in SA and especially WC.

I was lucky enough to do a Single Speed Cat. XCO format once before, and that was a absolute blast!

What do you mean by properly?

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

What do you mean by properly?

As in really big festive events ... it really can be a proper family sport.

Jnrs race with Mom and Dad supporting, then the Dad looks after the kids while Mom races with Mom doing the same when Dad races.

It will be interesting to see SA racers in the next year or two following the great work Spur has done with supporting school racing and these youngsters getting out of the school leagues and racing for provincial coloursĀ 

2 minutes ago, Hairy said:

As in really big festive events ... it really can be a proper family sport.

Jnrs race with Mom and Dad supporting, then the Dad looks after the kids while Mom races with Mom doing the same when Dad races.

It will be interesting to see SA racers in the next year or two following the great work Spur has done with supporting school racing and these youngsters getting out of the school leagues and racing for provincial coloursĀ 

Huh šŸ˜³ thatā€™s what they have been doing for the past 5-8 years at least. Just exactly how long ago was your last XCO race? Perhaps check the next one in 4 weeks time, it will be the Provincial Champs so there will be riders from all corners of the Western Cape.

15 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Huh šŸ˜³ thatā€™s what they have been doing for the past 5-8 years at least. Just exactly how long ago was your last XCO race? Perhaps check the next one in 4 weeks time, it will be the Provincial Champs so there will be riders from all corners of the Western Cape.

And there will be an ebike category for Hairy

11 hours ago, tinmug said:

Dan McConnel is out the picture, Becca does have a new coach.Ā 

didn't realise that when you said "out of the picture" you meant as in gone as hubby too....

that would also partly explain her rise in form. Less stress to manage since I doubt it would have been an immediate thing. Marriage break ups usually extend over a period of time based onĀ  observations

11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Another ā€˜letā€™s use all my matches to build more matchesā€™ fearless kinda rideĀ 

ACDD2831-2412-4D37-BA24-B1B736E0FDFB.jpeg

Damn right, kudos to him for that, hopefully with quality rest after that it allows him to get the extra matches he needs. You could feel his pain yesterday for like two laps he was leaving gaps and then crawling his way back until he just couldn't anymore. Such hard work will pay off.

Apparently there was some lingering stomach bug after effects affecting Ā some riders. Maybe The cannondale boys were also in this pool

32 minutes ago, b-rad said:

Anyone know what happened to Eli Iserbyt?Ā 

He DNFā€™dĀ 

Nothing on his instagram to indicate why.Ā 

Those must have been the 'personal changes' Becky was talking about in Brasil, perhaps its given her a new lease of life and impetus to move forward, although they have come a long way together,Ā  Remember when they weren't renewed with Trek and basically put together their own team, with minimal budget, out ofĀ  car boot type operation. Then during the epidemic they stayed in Europe, with little income. Must have been tough.

New coach, team, whatever, she was unbeatable.

Talking couples, have seen much of Julian on his ebike, PfP did change teams though > BMC

K8 down in 46, eish what happened, I still think it might have something to do with overachievement on arrival in Elites, and the weight of expectations thereafter.

Cross regular frenchy Helene Clauzel came in 39, Mags was DNF

Ā 

Full Results:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-from-the-albstadt-xc-world-cup-2022.html

Ā 

1 minute ago, kosmonooit said:

Those must have been the 'personal changes' Becky was talking about in Brasil, perhaps its given her a new lease of life and impetus to move forward, although they have come a long way together,Ā  Remember when they weren't renewed with Trek and basically put together their own team, with minimal budget, out ofĀ  car boot type operation. Then during the epidemic they stayed in Europe, with little income. Must have been tough.

New coach, team, whatever, she was unbeatable.

Talking couples, have seen much of Julian on his ebike, PfP did change teams though > BMC

K8 down in 46, eish what happened, I still think it might have something to do with overachievement on arrival in Elites, and the weight of expectations thereafter.

Cross regular frenchy Helene Clauzel came in 39, Mags was DNF

Ā 

Full Results:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-from-the-albstadt-xc-world-cup-2022.html

Ā 

PFP and Julien are no longer?

Isn't she dating Killian Bron now?

Ā 

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

didn't realise that when you said "out of the picture" you meant as in gone as hubby too....

that would also partly explain her rise in form. Less stress to manage since I doubt it would have been an immediate thing. Marriage break ups usually extend over a period of time based onĀ  observations

Pretty sure there's no issues there. They are still together as far as I am aware

Edited by Stretch

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

PFP and Julien are no longer?

Isn't she dating Killian Bron now?

Ā 

Yep they both put out SM posts at the same time saying they are parting ways, almost sure its a year already if not longer.