WhatsApp Image 2022-05-09 at 6.42.54 PM.jpeg

Hahaha so how was your active recovery ride 😂

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

You think he will last 3 weeks at Giro? I'm sceptical as to whether he will go the distance. 

I hope he does. I'm hoping he goes hard for Purple and for Green this year. It will certainly animate the racing

I think he will if he's planned to be there for 3 weeks. There's no Olympics or other event to disrupt the focus and according to some of his Dutch colleagues he learned a valuable lesson after the Tokyo crash - Finish something or you could finish nothing

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I think he will if he's planned to be there for 3 weeks. There's no Olympics or other event to disrupt the focus and according to some of his Dutch colleagues he learned a valuable lesson after the Tokyo crash - Finish something or you could finish nothing

And possibly - 'use a fracking dropper post you tw#t" 🙂 

5 hours ago, W Smith said:

Avancini is a big disappointment for me . In the last few races  he would dominate in the first few laps and then fade thereafter, completely off the pace of the leaders . Is it a case of riding too hard at the beginning of each race?

HA always does that: gets all testosterony at the start to assert his dominance, then his stamina fails hime. Every. Single. Race.

Except one, where he was – somehow – smart and stayed at the trailing end of the lead pack. Also the one race he managed to win. 

17 hours ago, tinmug said:

HA always does that: gets all testosterony at the start to assert his dominance, then his stamina fails hime. Every. Single. Race.

Except one, where he was – somehow – smart and stayed at the trailing end of the lead pack. Also the one race he managed to win. 

though in Albstadt I think his desire to get ahead was more to do with having the disadvantage of the hardtail in the descents so wanted to dictate pace into the steep descents by making sure he was in the lead.  

There's also a clear dislike between him and Nino to Nino's advantage because once your competitor is in your head you're M5x1

19 hours ago, Headshot said:

And possibly - 'use a fracking dropper post you tw#t" 🙂 

It would have helped if they went to the team briefing where it was discussed that the wooden ramp will be removed for the men. But they didn't, so he was the only one who didn't know, and tried to roll what wasn't there. 

Edited by PhilipV

55 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

There's also a clear dislike between him and Nino to Nino's advantage because once your competitor is in your head you're M5x1

I remember his rant at Epic a few years ago.  At least he has a lot of personality and adds flavor to the racing. 

2 hours ago, PhilipV said:

I remember his rant at Epic a few years ago.  At least he has a lot of personality and adds flavor to the racing. 

Yeah and doesn’t use the annoying “super” and “super duper” in every interview. Just lays it out there as it is

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

"I'm super excited for this weekends race" H Avancini - 11/05/22

Argh no man say it isn’t so….

I thought that short course today was too short. Needed a few extra bits to mix it up. Don't get me wrong the ability to sustain that level for all those laps is nothing short of impressive, but would have liked to see the field split up a bit more and some tactics at play