Garmin Fenix 7 / Epix 2

Fisan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, other that the claimed battery life, not sure if it's worth it.

My fenix6 does everything I want and with the recent update, has most of the activities and apps the 7 will have, other than some of the health tracking functions

16 minutes ago, fanievb said:

I don't know, other that the claimed battery life, not sure if it's worth it.

My fenix6 does everything I want and with the recent update, has most of the activities and apps the 7 will have, other than some of the health tracking functions

Coming from the 6(pro), no, probably not worth it.

But coming from an Ambit 3 after my Fenix 3 broke - I'm strongly consider it. Still a lot of $$$. 

Just recently upgraded from a Fenix 3 HR to a 6X Pro and really happy thusfar. I'll probably wait till the 8 or 9 comes around to upgrade again...

I have a 5 sapphire, and other than decreased battery life over time, I can't seen a reason to upgrade. The new metrics are nice-to-haves, but I don't have a problem to solve by getting a new device just yet. Perhaps my battery will be poorly when the 8 rolls around and I'll be tempted

Let's wait and see what DC Rainmaker makes of it

I like the idea of a touchscreen for maps. Plus faster password entry for Garmin pay (seen it on my Wife's VA4).

But yeah, as @lechatnoir said -  waiting for DC's review - probably after the official launch this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Furbz said:

Better battery life is always a win.

And touch screen is a serious upgrade

I have to disagree. When you wet, in gloves, cold, over sweating etc a touch screen is a pain. Give me the standard buttons any day.

I am still super happy with my 6x pro, battery life, metrics etc, it ticks all boxes for me.

Glad there is such a push for battery life. Because if it has 60 hours now, maybe in 3-4 years it will still be good for 20 hours, which was my previous watch on day 1.

Just spoke to a contact in the watch business... he reckons the new Fenix is literally flying out the door so there was a huge pent up demand for them. 

I would like to upgrade but my fenix is only 2.5 years old so will wait and see what the new update will bring in terms of functionality. maybe in time Garmin will allow some of the upgraded features into the 6 too (stamina). 

I do like the enhanced battery life and the new HR sensor. I dont need the touch screen though, quite happy with the buttons. Lets give it a while and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Spinnekop said:

LOl....

"Virtually every aspect of the Fenix 7 is better than the Fenix 6 in my testing. Both the tangible things like GPS, barometric altimeter, and heart rate accuracy – but also much of the day-to-day bits around user interface design is more polished."

"But as good as the Fenix 7 may be, it’s not what I’d buy for myself. I’d buy Epix: Any day, every day."

When do you think this will be available in South Africa? i am a Apple watch user and since doing a lot more riding now, i feel this may be a good time to get a fenix.