Garmin Fenix 7 / Epix 2

Fisan

20 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

AS always hubland to the rescue,

Ordered

www.lanoysports.co.za 

speak to Keith

Pop us a PM if you want to pre-order a unit.

There is very limited stock of Sapphire units and Epix 2 units on the first allocation.

I believe there is good stock of the standard Solar units.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mailed Garmin this morning to order Epix 2 Sapphire - awaiting their feedback. I currently have the 6x Pro Solar and the 7x is simply too small a jump to justify the upgrade. The AMOLED display is really a good improvement. I purchased the Venu 2 some time back (I really wanted a Garmin  AMOLED watch- ) but sold it within a week as it is very limited in terms of its Indoor Cycling capabilities (i.e. no power trainer sensor etc). The Epix addresses all of that! Will probably try to sell my 6x Pro Solar once I get the Epix. 

Edited by pedal menace

2 hours ago, Craai said:

I see Cape union mart have the Fenix 6 on special; R12 999 for the 6X Sapphire.

https://www.capeunionmart.co.za/products/garmin-fenix-6-x-sapphire-watch/1565480201001.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA_8OPBhDtARIsAKQu0gahJYJGS7LgHbNsNwknTu88GnacK2Oz66Mm0aRhZvDP3xwa1a0znFQaAv_SEALw_wcB

About R5k cheaper than the equivalent Fenix 7.

Decisions Decisions.

For the same $$$ I would rather get a non-sapphire pro than a sapphire without the pro features. But to each their own.

Edit: NVM, Garmin models are too confusing. 

Edited by Fisan

40 minutes ago, Matu said:

I never understood by people buy the sapphire edition...just buy a r100 screen protector and be done....🏃‍♂️ (runs and hides away)

I 1000000% agree! However in the case of the Epix 2 - the only "nice" version (full black) is the Sapphire addition. Arrgghhhh!!!

57 minutes ago, Matu said:

I never understood by people buy the sapphire edition...just buy a r100 screen protector and be done....🏃‍♂️ (runs and hides away)

Yeah well Garmin now made the difference more than physical - multi-band GPS support (seriously, why not on base models?!) + larger onboard memory. The titanium casing is contributes to a slightly lighter watch

1 hour ago, Fisan said:

Yeah well Garmin now made the difference more than physical - multi-band GPS support (seriously, why not on base models?!) + larger onboard memory. The titanium casing is contributes to a slightly lighter watch

Multi band is a is a big feature to be fair.

but in reality - i doubt it will make any discernible difference to 99.9% of us. 

It saps battery power big time - so what more important:

going longer between charges?

or

having your GPS lock on slightly faster and be 0.5m more accurate when riding past a large vertical obstacle like a building or rock face.

I think this tech has go to the point where its good enough - maybe not perfect. but the gains accuracy really add so little value its not worth the outlay.

As for memory, how often do you really really use maps outside your territory? - its not that hard to load up the correct maps before hand on the off chance you travel outside of Africa for a week in a year.

that said, if you have the money and it makes sense to you and your circumstances - go for it.

The Sapphire glass is a really nice feature. that glass is so tough its the body surrounding the glass that starts looking tatty first!

Edited by Furbz

Yes all models available but stock very limited. In case you want any please mail us on info@evobikes.co.za for pricing and availabilty. And yes -we do pricematch as well (subjeced to certain conditions)

Edited by Naas

33 minutes ago, Naas said:

Yes all models available but stock very limited. In case you want any please mail us on info@evobikes.co.za for pricing and availabilty. And yes -we do pricematch as well (subjeced to certain conditions)

Nice, thats like R2500 below Garmin's RRP.

22 hours ago, Jigghead said:

I'm waiting for the 8 or 9. My 6X Pro is only a year old.

my 5 is 3 years old and still does what I'm needing from it. Other than somewhat reduced battery life, I see no reason to upgrade. No doubt, the extra features would enthrall me for a bit, but for once, my common sense prevails. so far...

5 hours ago, Fisan said:

Nice, thats like R2500 below Garmin's RRP.

Just check this first - as far as I can see on Garmins website the “slate grey with black band” is a Fenix 7 solar (not sapphire) - and then the price of R15,499 is in line with what Garmins website indicates for the solar model. Might be a typo?

6 hours ago, Naas said:

Sent an email - tx