Garmin Fenix 7 / Epix 2

Fisan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't buy a Garmin.  I used to love the brand, but Garmin SA just makes it a liability to own one of their devices.  Useless aftermarket service combined with ubstandard product quality.

2 hours ago, rudi-h said:

Please don't buy a Garmin.  I used to love the brand, but Garmin SA just makes it a liability to own one of their devices.  Useless aftermarket service combined with ubstandard product quality.

Dude - you must have had a bad experience somewhere that tarnished you for life. I vehemently differ from you. I will be the first to admin that their software testing/quality control (internationally) falls slightly short of best practices. Sometimes they fix one thing but break something else. More than once - buttend to fix quickly. Garmin SA however - I have had nothing but the BEST SERVICE POSSIBLE!! Especially when devices breaks or pick up some serious issue. Nearly every time this has happened to me - they replaced - no questions asked. Sorry - but I just do not agree with your view - but it is your right to table it though. 

Wow, So I just picked up the Fenix 7x SS edition. Coming from an apple watch user for the last 5 years was a huge leap of faith on a platform I am not at all familiar with and must say so far I am impressed however I do miss some things. For instance I have gotten used to the fact with apple rings that I need to close on a daily basis, but really the Garmin buy was purely because over the last few months I have become more of an outdoor person, where cycling, walking, hiking, etc. has been the forefront of my life. I thank Covid Lockdowns for the change in lifestyle. I felt with apple watch and strava I was getting along just ok but not helping to much with actual fitness stats. And with Garmin, from a proper outdoor activity watch in which you get a lot more information plus the added bonus of never worrying to charge it every single night was a massive bonus. I can say with 48hrs of using it, I already forgot about my apple watch which to me to shocking considering I am huge apple fan boy. I don't even miss the bright screen. Epix was a option, but really the Fenix 7x is a beast of a watch. Size was a huge difference but wow, I don't even realize I have different watch on. 

If you are thinking of jumping ship, just do it. Well worth it

1 hour ago, Hotdegree said:

Wow, So I just picked up the Fenix 7x SS edition. Coming from an apple watch user for the last 5 years was a huge leap of faith on a platform I am not at all familiar with and must say so far I am impressed however I do miss some things. For instance I have gotten used to the fact with apple rings that I need to close on a daily basis, but really the Garmin buy was purely because over the last few months I have become more of an outdoor person, where cycling, walking, hiking, etc. has been the forefront of my life. I thank Covid Lockdowns for the change in lifestyle. I felt with apple watch and strava I was getting along just ok but not helping to much with actual fitness stats. And with Garmin, from a proper outdoor activity watch in which you get a lot more information plus the added bonus of never worrying to charge it every single night was a massive bonus. I can say with 48hrs of using it, I already forgot about my apple watch which to me to shocking considering I am huge apple fan boy. I don't even miss the bright screen. Epix was a option, but really the Fenix 7x is a beast of a watch. Size was a huge difference but wow, I don't even realize I have different watch on. 

If you are thinking of jumping ship, just do it. Well worth it

Agree with you. I sold my Apple Watch Series 7 2 months after I bought it and got the 6x Sapphire. Selling it now to get the 7x. I want the touch screen. I especially like the fact that it looks and feels like a watch. I'll never look back. 

4 hours ago, rudi-h said:

To be honest I have never had anything but good service from Garmin SA and I own quite a few Garmin products. The only product I ever had problems with was a set of Vector 2 pedals and they replaced those no questions asked 🤷‍♂️

On 2/4/2022 at 1:52 PM, rudi-h said:

I've owned so many Garmins, every fenix since the 2, two Forerunners, and three or four Edges.

When I've had issues with anything, Garmin has simply swapped the units out for a brand new one with no questions asked. In fact, I had a 910XT that they replaced four times dues to software issues that wound up having been caused by my computers virus software and they were amazing in figuring out the issue and getting it sorted out. Only issue I have is that they are only available in Rosebank which is a mission to me.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:30 AM, Fisan said:

Got my F7 hand delivered from the US at last 😀

Opted for sapphire solar because I'm planning to use it until it dies (like my F3 did... RIP). Also, I'm hoping the multiband GPS does add accuracy. Not only for mountain missions, but also for site-work - marking POIs and such. If there was a cheaper option without solar I would've went for that.

The performance with touch and maps is awesome. I got a subscription of BirdsEye sat imagery for the fun of it - works okay (colors are a bit dull obviously), but I think the Epix would really bring the best of that.

Wish my F3 would die already.... it's being quite stubborn and battery still lasts about 2 weeks

Lol, wrong thread dude. This is a I-love-Garmin thread; not really going to sway anyone otherwise

After sales service from Navworld was better, support from Garmin =ok.

Ive had small issues with straps that broke etc, units themselves are bomb proof (as in dont buy if you plan a warranty upgrade every few years) imo

I have an old Edge500 and a 310XT  that my kids now use, they still work 100%.

People were diplomatic on your other thread.

You have now jumped into the lion's den .... this here thread is filled with die hard GARMIN FANS !

Not sure all replies will remain so diplomatic on this side .....

On 1/31/2022 at 10:52 AM, Lanoy Sports said:

Stock has just arrived 

20220131_104240.jpg.d2511f9ad86f03ca929644927cf487de.jpg

And Keith hooked my BIL up with a 7s solar 

non athletic BIL loves mine, loves the data, look and I had the 5x that I offered him, the touch screen is simply next level, the wife still loves her 6s but the 7s for me def. Different level

now I must just find my lost mojo to use it to its potential 

last great feature battery life is INSANE

SINCE I got mine I’ve charged once