Garmin Fenix 7 / Epix 2

Fisan

32 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Agree - downside is that price tag limits it to the top 5% of a population...whereas the people they may need it the most will likely never be able to afford it. 

True, but it could be in governments interest to give everyone a device, does not have to be a fancy Garmin. Could be much cheaper device and would save governments in the long run. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

True, but it could be in governments interest to give everyone a device, does not have to be a fancy Garmin. Could be much cheaper device and would save governments in the long run. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Grapgat.
Government.......OUR government,,,,,,,,,,, GIVE you something.

BHAHAHAHAHHHA.

Good one.

Edited by Spinnekop

I wear my Epix 24/7.

it helped me realise exactly how much Covid affected me.

had i not seen this i would never have known something was not fresh - i had a very very mild case.

just felt tired and slightly off for this entire period.

IMG_1538.png.990e30eafe8e454172276530d67682c4.png

22 minutes ago, Furbz said:

I wear my Epix 24/7.

it helped me realise exactly how much Covid affected me.

What did your HRV show?

31 minutes ago, Pieter-za said:

What did your HRV show?

My Resting Heart rate normalised but my HRV took an extra month to come right.

has only recently starting getting into my normal range.

i have not been training much at all - i knew it was rather best i waiting for everything to come back to normal.

and i cannot stress how much of a mild covid i had. really was a non-issue

Screenshot2023-06-01at14_22_38.png.2b6c215c7d93ede89d8b321a55b8c5a9.png

Edited by Furbz

i'm also very impressed with the data these devices collect.

With my Epix i use it constantly. it comes off my wrist when i shower and goes back on after.

that is long enough of a charge to keep it mostly fully charged. only occasionally do i need to charge it longer.

by the looks of it the newer Pro version charge twice as fast - Nice

5 minutes ago, Furbz said:

i'm also very impressed with the data these devices collect.

With my Epix i use it constantly. it comes off my wrist when i shower and goes back on after.

that is long enough of a charge to keep it mostly fully charged. only occasionally do i need to charge it longer.

by the looks of it the newer Pro version charge twice as fast - Nice

take it off for a shower...why? I wear mine 24x7 and every two weeks or so take it off for one hour to charge. 

Just now, pedal menace said:

take it off for a shower...why? I wear mine 24x7 and every two weeks or so take it off for one hour to charge. 

gotta clean the wrist at some point? - also just an easy time to charge it i guess.

is your wrist green by any chance? 😱

4 minutes ago, Furbz said:

gotta clean the wrist at some point? - also just an easy time to charge it i guess.

is your wrist green by any chance? 😱

😁 - just wear a green writs band - all solved!

Nah - I make a point of moving watch during shower to clean all those little hidden areas - especially after a ride. 

What I can tell you....like a cool nice cycling t-shirt tan on your arms - well, take my watch off and there is a really obvious much more white than other areas circular mark on my wrist.  

54 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Garmin will betray him. Walk 5000 steps in the shower. 🤣

4 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Garmin will betray him. Walk 5000 steps in the shower. 🤣

comment of the week right there 😂

max heart rate could also be achieved? 🤔

If only the Optical HR sensors improve on tattoo'd skin.

I keep having to replace my chest heart rate monitor each year. The HRM pro (yellow one) HR monitor has such  poor design that each time you replace the battery, it loses its seals and gets water damaged. I have had 2 warranty replacements already. Its such a known issue that Garmin redesigned the unit with a HRM Pro + (has a white piece on it) that allows for a twist function to access the battery, but its not legal in Australia, NZ as it presents a choking hazard.

5 hours ago, Wayne Potgieter said:

If only the Optical HR sensors improve on tattoo'd skin.

I keep having to replace my chest heart rate monitor each year. The HRM pro (yellow one) HR monitor has such  poor design that each time you replace the battery, it loses its seals and gets water damaged. I have had 2 warranty replacements already. Its such a known issue that Garmin redesigned the unit with a HRM Pro + (has a white piece on it) that allows for a twist function to access the battery, but its not legal in Australia, NZ as it presents a choking hazard.

I've got the TRI (blue) one and have replace the battery several times without any issues. Might be worth a tri - pun intended...