SRAM acquires Hammerhead cycling computers

Frosty

SRAM, one of the world’s leading bicycle component manufacturers, announced today the acquisition of Hammerhead, a leading cycling technology company and maker of the Karoo 2 cycling computer. Hammerhead will join SRAM’s portfolio of brands and will continue to develop its Karoo product line under the SRAM portfolio. The companies completed the transaction on December […]

View full article

SRAM, one of the world’s leading bicycle component manufacturers, announced today the acquisition of Hammerhead, a leading cycling technology company and maker of the Karoo 2 cycling computer. Hammerhead will join SRAM’s portfolio of brands and will continue to develop its Karoo product line under the SRAM portfolio. The companies completed the transaction on December 30, 2021.

View full article

Lance is also an investor in Hammerhead and was /is a small shareholder in SRAM too. He seems to have a knack of f minding a good investment. Maybe The Move can also do investment podcasts 

So when does that mean we can purchase over here? Thing looks dope. They have a pretty nifty comparison tab on their website where they compare their unit to several top-of-the-range units from other brands. 

Didn't Froome buy into the company last year?

So he got a quick ROT or maybe ISN will maybe be on SRAM soon.

11 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Lance is also an investor in Hammerhead and was /is a small shareholder in SRAM too. He seems to have a knack of f minding a good investment. Maybe The Move can also do investment podcasts 

Wasn't he also an early investor in Uber?
I seem to remember he did well on that. After he paid back all the legal fees and settlements, he was a bit low on cash and seems to be doing OK now.

1 minute ago, splat said:

Wasn't he also an early investor in Uber?
I seem to remember he did well on that. After he paid back all the legal fees and settlements, he was a bit low on cash and seems to be doing OK now.

Indeed he was/is. That investment allowed him to maintain a good lifestyle and start The Move podcast 

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Indeed he was/is. That investment allowed him to maintain a good lifestyle and start The Move podcast 

Oh to have that much money that you need to find things to invest in to spend some of it...

i have the Hammerhead Karoo 2 and its a Garmin Killer of a device.

around R7500 landed bought directly from the webpage.

2 years warranty vs Garmins 1 year.

Better screen

Constant tangible software updates.

Ability to side load apps, Apple music, Spotify, Zwift Companion and Zwift itself, the list goes on.

Battery life is not as good - but lasts 2x 4 hour rides on my weekend. so its good enough. 

i'm a real fan so far

8 minutes ago, Furbz said:

i have the Hammerhead Karoo 2 and its a Garmin Killer of a device.

around R7500 landed bought directly from the webpage.

2 years warranty vs Garmins 1 year.

Better screen

Constant tangible software updates.

Ability to side load apps, Apple music, Spotify, Zwift Companion and Zwift itself, the list goes on.

Battery life is not as good - but lasts 2x 4 hour rides on my weekend. so its good enough. 

i'm a real fan so far

Sold,

Anyone want to pre buy a Garmin Edge 1030

23 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Sold,

Anyone want to pre buy a Garmin Edge 1030

I’m thinking about it; getting the Hammerhead, not your 1030.

I have one too. Came from a Wahoo Bolt. I used it a lot to get know my way around Singapore. It’s an amazing device. It even takes a SIM card which is great for side loading things like WhatsApp or just navigation in general  

Mapping and it’s display are its strong points. It beats the Wahoo Roam and Bolt by a country mile for nav. Setup is also really easy  

Size and the weird mount I would say are it’s weak points. I had to buy 2 different mounts for my bikes. The mount system is better than the quarter turn system,  it’s just hard to find good third party options.