2022 Cape Town Cycle Tour Set For Traditional March Date

News bot

Last year the Cape Town Cycle Tour was postponed to October 10 as a result of Covid restrictions with a limited field of 18 000. This year organisers have confirmed a larger capacity but Covid protocols will still apply. “After missing out on our traditional March date last year, we are delighted to be back […]

View full article

35 minutes ago, EddieV said:

Do you still need to show a negative Covid test or proof of Covid vaccination?

EDIT - post updated, and Regs attached.

That is a CSA ruling ..... as per their covid policy document -

C19.JPG.a5f9638e223d183e4505089047dcf44c.JPG

So "Argus" riders should be fine with a Vaccination certificate only.  

Stage race riders are up the creek ..... As ALL participants should be tested (no vax bypass) - 12.3.1

This requires me to be tested for a ride a few months later, despite being fully vaccinated .... so let's see if they update it .....  Then again, I dont see any reference on that event's web about being affiliated to CSA ....

Then again ... since when do SA implement rules .... :ph34r:

BLUE PRINT FOR COVID 19 RISK MITIGATION PLANNING AND IMPLIMENTATION STRATEGIES - MASS PARTICIPATION FINAL.pdf

Edited by ChrisF

Just now, ChrisF said:

That is a CSA ruling ..... as per their covid policy document.

That same document requires me to be tested for a ride a few months later .... so let's see if they update it .....

Then again ... since when do SA implement rules .... :ph34r:

Thx, I couldn't remember it being compulsory for the DC in November last year.. 

If they are going to enforce it, it would be nice to know beforehand. Could not find it on the CTCT page with a quick scan.

1 minute ago, EddieV said:

Thx, I couldn't remember it being compulsory for the DC in November last year.. 

If they are going to enforce it, it would be nice to know beforehand. Could not find it on the CTCT page with a quick scan.

Or just go get vaccinated then it would be a non-issue 😁

But seriously, I have done a few a few events after the CTCT and to date that was the only one where proof of vaccination was required. My guess would be no, unless its under government directives.

At least now that most age groups can get vaccinated, it should be slightly less of a problem this year.

We should be able to get our booster by end Feb (technically wifey could have gone earlier according to Discovery, being immunocompromised, but easier to be on the same schedule), so I should be good to go by Arrghust weekend.

14 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Or just go get vaccinated then it would be a non-issue 😁

But seriously, I have done a few a few events after the CTCT and to date that was the only one where proof of vaccination was required. My guess would be no, unless its under government directives.

😉 mmm ..  the Boland 100 Miler didn't enforce it either?

See CTCT entries are still open for PPA and general public? 

I'll check in closer to the race date, see if they announce test/vaccination prerequisites .... if mandatory, I'll give it a skip again.

9 minutes ago, EddieV said:

😉 mmm ..  the Boland 100 Miler didn't enforce it either?

See CTCT entries are still open for PPA and general public? 

I'll check in closer to the race date, see if they announce test/vaccination prerequisites .... if mandatory, I'll give it a skip again.

It is only a requirement for single day races with more than 2 500 people (total including riders and event staff) - 12.5.  

I know this is a silly question, but can I do the cycle tour on my mtb? I know everybody these days have road bikes, but I simply can't afford another bike. I also realise the race will be much harder on my mtb, but I have entered and I am keen. Any advise?

14 minutes ago, stillerjudith said:

I know this is a silly question, but can I do the cycle tour on my mtb? I know everybody these days have road bikes, but I simply can't afford another bike. I also realise the race will be much harder on my mtb, but I have entered and I am keen. Any advise?

If you have 2 wheels and pedals, you are good to go. There’ll be many others with broomstick bars. Train well! 😇

26 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

If you have 2 wheels and pedals, you are good to go. There’ll be many others with broomstick bars. Train well! 😇

Thanks, that is probably all I need to hear.

57 minutes ago, stillerjudith said:

Tons of people riding all sorts of bikes - BMXs, e-bikes, 150k UCI illegal road bikes, fat bikes .... licorice allsorts

17 hours ago, stillerjudith said:

If he can ride on (and in) this, you could do ANYTHING your heart desire.
Only one rule.  Enjoy the ride!!!!!

post-82-0-66163300-1300096073.jpg

8 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

If he can ride on (and in) this, you could do ANYTHING your heart desire.
Only one rule.  Enjoy the ride!!!!!

post-82-0-66163300-1300096073.jpg

Speak under correction but he wasn't allowed...

Did they not DQ him and change or update or remind folk about the dress code