Indoor trainer software- Tacx vs Zwift

Yang

I'm new to latest indoor smart tech and got myself a Tacx Flow S. I have 2 options offered in the box for 1 month free for the Tacx software and same for Zwift. I want to go straight to the better one of the 2. Advice from users greatly appreciated. 

I subscribe to both, I find Zwift better for workouts, and Tacx better for general rides. Otheres like the social aspect of Zwift, group rides, jerseys etc, but I'm not really into all that. It's great if thats what you're after. If you have free trials, use both before you sign up for a subscription.

Tacx software is boring and Zwift is a game with avatars and a hell of a lot of flat routes which in my opinion (my opinion), does not add much value. There are other platforms that offer a 14 day trial as well, so my suggestion would be to try them all and see which one you like best:

1) Sufferfest (or Systm as they're now known) 

2) Golden Cheetah 

3) Rouvy

4) Zwift 

5) Fulgaz 

These are in no particular order. I have used Sufferfest between 2013 & 2021 and am now using Fulgaz. 

• 5 months later...

Give RGT a test run. I've tried the others and RGT does a better job in simulating climbs and descents

Zwift. RGT also an option, but I prefer the interface and stability of zwift. RGT races are also less with less participants compared to zwift.