Is the Assos stuff a tad overpriced?

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

image.png.f34e3afbae5959e4e5b0a691299d9b43.pngNot a bit over the top pricewise? 

Are their marketing terms ‘“Holy White” and “blackSeries” and “caleumBlue” and “ADAMANT BLUE” a bit naff, somewhat predictable and a lot pretentious?  Have they reverted to ‘90s marketing?

Overblown words simply demand those prices (they hope).

Edited by justinafrika

The stuff is good, and the few items I own have outlasted a lot of other kit.

By and large the pricing is completely out of my range though. It’s not something to begrudge them over, we’re spoilt for choices with kit.

I only bought two Equipe RS9 on special (2,9k and 3k at the time), they are good, but they are no longer my go to in terms of comfort when I go out for a long ride. I much prefer my gocycle (some might say I'm biased 🙄) and my alé cycling bibs now, both are much much cheaper as well (you can buy 2 or 3 of these for one Assos). Maybe they won't last as long (still needs to be proven), but at least you can ride 3 days a week with clean bibs 🤣

Edited by Jbr

Not overpriced but expensive because the product is super high quality that lasts forever - I have 2 10 year old Assos bibs which are still very usable bar slight fading of colour. You will  likely buy and "use up" 2/3 cheaper bibs in the lifetime of an Assos product imo.    

They do last!

Have 2 tops that are still in great shape and bibs that are still in good nick lycra wise about 6/7 years old), need to replace the chamois on one though, anyone ever do this?

I recall a thread on this before.

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

I only bought two Equipe RS9 on special (2,9k and 3k at the time), they are good, but they are no longer my go to in terms of comfort when I go out for a long ride. I much prefer my gocycle (some might say I'm biased 🙄) and my alé cycling bibs now, both are much much cheaper as well (you can buy 2 or 3 of these for one Assos). Maybe they won't last as long (still needs to be proven), but at least you can ride 3 days a week with clean bibs 🤣

Where did you buy your ALE shorts?