Who comes up with these race names!

DNC

You think those are bad... look at the names of some of the dirt-bike events here in New Zealand

Kiwis don't take themselves very seriously at all, and it shows. This first one is an awesome event though. Did it 5yrs ago and am keen to do it again. And yes, it lives up to it's name!

https://www.motomapped.co.nz/event-details/2022-dusty-butt

That said, this next one takes the naming a little too far!

https://www.silverbullet.co.nz/event.php?id=16001

Edited by patches

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Looking at who the organiser is, ek sê maar niks.

#theartofbsmarketing and #overinflatedentrynumbers

Prepare for months of emails telling us how entries are flying and how we are going to miss out if we don't enter now. 😂

That said, at least they are stepping up and filling the void left by Dirtopia who couldn't be arsed about organising their 100 Miler gravel race anymore.

Would be interested to see what sort of Bainskloof permission they have secured to be taking money now 

18 hours ago, patches said:

You think those are bad... look at the names of some of the dirt-bike events here in New Zealand

Kiwis don't take themselves very seriously at all, and it shows. This first one is an awesome event though. Did it 5yrs ago and am keen to do it again. And yes, it lives up to it's name!

https://www.motomapped.co.nz/event-details/2022-dusty-butt

That said, this next one takes the naming a little too far!

https://www.silverbullet.co.nz/event.php?id=16001

Your comment about kiwis not taking themselves seriously reminds me of a post I saw this weekend.

AS NZ moves into a "Red Light" covid response (it essentially stops mass events at 100 people) a lot of events are deferring to later in the year. I was due to run Tarawera Ultramarathon in two weeks and that is now unlikely. The funny bit though, is this dude that runs a smaller events company put a post on Facebook stating that all of his events will continue because he is really "sheeet" at marketing (his exact words) and he never gets more than a 100 entries anyway.

I really liked his honesty.

16 hours ago, Skubarra said:

That said, at least they are stepping up and filling the void left by Dirtopia who couldn't be arsed about organising their 100 Miler gravel race anymore.

If anyone knows wether it's worth holding an event is them. They are long past doing events for love and charity. 

2 hours ago, PhilipV said:

If anyone knows wether it's worth holding an event is them. They are long past doing events for love and charity. 

Think they are now fully occupied with the school mtb series and their trail centre and don't have the time to do funrides anymore.

15 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Would be interested to see what sort of Bainskloof permission they have secured to be taking money now 

Do you have no faith? Of course they will have permission...

But its not impossible that somewhere along the line entrants will suddenly realise that the road behind Bainskloof is really boring and by popular demand the route will divert with an exciting loop around Paardeberg 😋

55 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Do you have no faith? Of course they will have permission...

But its not impossible that somewhere along the line entrants will suddenly realise that the road behind Bainskloof is really boring and by popular demand the route will divert with an exciting loop around Paardeberg 😋

I think you mean "by *overwhelming* popular demand" 😂

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

Think they are now fully occupied with the school mtb series and their trail centre and don't have the time to do funrides anymore.

Seems they have a new approach for 2022.

The Banhoek event is an "open event" .... with schools riders just registering confirming their school ....  Let's see how it goes this weekend.