Egan Bernal taken to hospital after training accident in Colombia

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/1/2022 at 9:00 AM, ouzo said:

was thinking about this this morning on my ride.

Perhaps its time for some added safety to be introduced. I was thinking maybe a forward facing camera for TT bikes, so you can keep your head down but still see what infront of you ?

Maybe something like a front facing Garmin Radar light. 

On 2/6/2022 at 8:38 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

I am no medical expert, but this seems ridiculously premature.

It feels like they are rushing his recovery for the sake of the press.
It reminds be how they Sky/Ineos downplayed Chris Froome's injuries at the time. As we all know, he never regained that GT winning form...

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:00 AM, ouzo said:

was thinking about this this morning on my ride.

Perhaps its time for some added safety to be introduced. I was thinking maybe a forward facing camera for TT bikes, so you can keep your head down but still see what infront of you ?

Sorry that's got to be the worst suggestion I've ever seen here... no offence intended but then you may as well Zwift the TT. I'm pretty sure they'd have a team car that could warn of any upcoming obstructions. There are thousands of TT riders out there including Tri athletes for whom cycling is not their #1 event and they get by just fine. Don't be careless or take the route for granted, keep your eyes open AND NEVER RIDE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY!

On 4/23/2022 at 7:30 PM, Trashy said:

This popped up on my YouTube feed.

Unbelievable that he is walking, riding and even expects to race again.

That knee looks like it had some proper operating on it.

Great that he's got the positive outlook, big accident but with the right recovery he still has an amazing engine under the hood and could still be a force to be reckoned with.

There's also always the chance that Brailsford is getting ready to dump him so talking about racing ambitions is vital to keep his chequebook open (he has a contract till 2026!).

• 3 months later...