Shimano / Campagnola / Sram

louiso

I recently saw some interesting discussions about frames and wheels on the Hub. Which is the better groupset to consider taking price, maintenance and availability into consideration.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that at the moment the best price to weight to performance ratio seems to be coming from the SRAM Rival groupset, slightly cheaper than Ultegra but 300 grams lighter. In fact if you use a lighter cassette the gruppo is almost the same weight as DuraAce! All of this at a reasonable price!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_50_1.gif

Campag.......

I agree... Floyd on the 'pod... Campag Record carbon!!!

If you take price into consideration definately Shimano!!!! Campy is crazy expensive!!!

Not too bad if you buy from CWC!!!!!!!Wink And it's def. worth the extra moneyBig%20smile

Here's my take....NOBODY does cool like the Italians. Is there anything else worth taking into consideration?Confused

I saw a Maserati Quattroporte the other day. Italian 4.2 V8 fourseater, same pricerange as the top-of-the-line S-class Mercs and 7-series BMWs.

It's slightly slower, the semi-auto gearbox is described by overseas magazines as a turd, it chows clutches that are scary expensive to replace, at an alarming rate, the germans come with full service plans whereas the Maser costs a fortune to service and it's also not as reliable in the longterm and finally, when it's time to sell it has lower resale value.

BUT

it is THE COOLEST, SEXIEST FOORDOOR CAR ON THE PLANET. The first time you see one in the flesh, you'll understand!CoolCoolCoolCoolCool

I loooovvvveee my shimano!! Het nog nie 'n halwe second se probleme daarmee gehad in die afgelope 4 jaar nie!!! Ek kry 'n kramp as ek dink ek moet R3000.00 up betaal vir 'n nuwe cluster!!!! Dit is CRAZY!!! My Dura Ace hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou!!!!

My Campag hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en houhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_50.gif en hou en hou, in die afgelope 5 jaar nog net chain renewClap

En hoeveel het daai chain gekos? R10 000?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif  R10 000.00?  Nee man Campag Record is duurder as dit!LOLLOLLOL

Kannie onthou nie, was laaaaaaaaannnnk terug!WinkTongue

ek het 'n mix van campaq en shimano 105 en dura ace en dit hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou en hou ook!!!!

Big%20smile

Before I bought my groupset I made price comparisons...could not afford campy Thumbs%20Up, don't really like Sram...nice but no thanks.

Shimano---reliable, value for money etc....

"DT Thumbs%20Up"