Carbon MTB handlebars

StevieG

7 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I had a Lyne Amp carbon bar (780, 35, 15mm rise) on my previous Stumpy, which I loved. Got a stock 35mm alloy bar (800, 35, 30mm rise) on my new Stumpy and it felt quite harsh, so replaced it with a OneUp carbon (800, 35, 20mm rise).

Does the OneUp mute chatter in comparison? Most definitely.

Did the Lyne mute chatter? Comparing it to the alloy bar, yes. Not as much as the OneUp, but still very subtly noticeable.

Have you paired the OneUp grips with the bar yet? Even more chatter reduction.

11 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Sure, but most people in this thread don't want a straight, flat, narrow 750mm bar.

Sure, for XC, but not for trail, downhill, i hear you, point taken.

17 minutes ago, Myth said:

I'd be interested to hear some real-world feedback on these...do you find that they work as advertised?

I have no idea.

I honestly have never really noticed the difference between Alu/Carbon bars nor the size of the stem bore.

I currently have a mix of steel 22.2mm clamp size bars, Alu 35 and carbon 31.8 and none of them feel 'betterer'. 

I notice my grips WAY more. So if I was a princess who could feel the pea through the mattresses, I would go to the grips before the bars.

Luckily I am a peasant Neanderthal with no idea 

Edited by Jewbacca

I had stock ibis handle bars that weren't  bad.Then I got myself Raceface next r ,For me personally there is a noticeable difference but that just me.

The entire 35mm thing is bs had to get new stem as well.

9 hours ago, RiverInTheRoad said:

35mm bars are one of the great wins of the marketing departments. Zero benefit except creating a new standard.

Stick to 31.8mm, they are much more comfortable. In carbon or alloy. I really enjoy my Spank Vibrocore bars.

Definitely agree on the vibracore from spank, might not be carbon but it reduced chatter better than on the lyne AMP carbon bars I had before.