Thule Paramount Commuter Backpack for urban explorers

Bike Hub Features

SA is probably not the best target for that bag - the waterproof materials, zips, etc drive prices up significantly. Living in Vancouver where it rains persistently from October to March, and where many people commute for at least an hour one way in the rain, I'm sure they will invest in that.

I have an CAD$800 rain coat (shell as they call it here) - I can go through a car wash in that or a JHB thunderstorm and it will not let water in. And $800 is fairly reasonable here for that kind of gear

Just now, sirmoun10goat said:

SA is probably not the best target for that bag - the waterproof materials, zips, etc drive prices up significantly. Living in Vancouver where it rains persistently from October to March, and where many people commute for at least an hour one way in the rain, I'm sure they will invest in that.

I have an CAD$800 rain coat (shell as they call it here) - I can go through a car wash in that or a JHB thunderstorm and it will not let water in. And $800 is fairly reasonable here for that kind of gear

$800=reasonable. Will i ever travel 🥶

6 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

$800=reasonable. Will i ever travel 🥶

There are cheaper items that I feel work almost as well. But there are things to lookout for. Goretex is one of them - you know you paying a bucket load of &%$# for that. Then other things start to factor in, such as number of pockets - the waterprooft zippers are expensive, so more pockets makes it more expensive. The leakiest part of items is the seams, so the treatment around the seams is another thing to look out for.

Thule back pack is probably a magnet for muggers - imagine R5k bag with a 25k laptop, R2k coffee press and keys to a Jimny in there.

7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Thule back pack is probably a magnet for muggers - imagine R5k bag with a 25k laptop, R2k coffee press and keys to a Jimny in there.

the amount of stereotypes in that post 😂😂😂😂👏👏👏👏👏👏👏