Incident Total garage on Malibongwe

_David_

Just received this horrendous message

"Residents please take note there has been a nasty accident involving a group of cyclists up near total garage on malibongwe.. There are a number of deceased.."

Edited by _David_

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fark me, hopefully the damage to the car was not caused by a bunch of bicycles and riders! Condolences to their families

Got an update on whatsup:

"Based on what the cops said the guy in the Porsche was drunk. It also did look like he tried to drive away. But the car was to damage to carry on driving."

"Hey guys, I saw this accident happen and stayed with the guys until the medics and cops had been. A white Porsche SUV hit two cyclists riding in the emergency lane. Near pedal and sprocket. Sadly the one guy passed away and the other was airlifted to hospital."

"One of the security guys that stoped the SUV said the driver tried to bribe the tow a truck driver to help him get away."

Edited by _David_

Tragic.  Driver needs to be jailed for 200 years. Total murderer. Trying to flee the seen clearly indicates that he has a senses about him. Of course it’s the wrong thing to do but it indicates that this was murder! 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:32 AM, Paul Ruinaard said:

Same as the Durban story - this guy is rich and has money and will be bribing people to get away with it. This was the photo i was sent on another group. Pity you cant see the pates.

image.png.b27e76e30041011da205ceafe96f725c.png

Edit: apparently it was a Limpopo and not a Lesotho numberplate.

Edited by _David_

2 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

Yep

I drive past there loaded with 34T. More than ample space for three cyclists next to each other to pass safely 

Those look like Club 100 jerseys in the photos? Can anyone confirm. I know they park at Culinaria as well and use that road.

25 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

Those look like Club 100 jerseys in the photos? Can anyone confirm. I know they park at Culinaria as well and use that road.

Yes is Club100, but not involved in the accident, we passed the accident just after it happened. Some stopped to see if they could assist until the authorities arrived.

RIP.

I drive that 4 way stop 4 to 5 times a week to go and ride and the standard of driving on the stretch from Cosmo Mall to the 4 way stop is apalling.

Speeding and going straight from turning lane, mostly taxis. Often I see taxis go through red robots and use the emergency lane to avoid the robot going up the old Lion Park hill.....

Hope the guy sits for a long time and gets to ride the prison bicycle daily.....(in fact BEING the prison bicycle)

Edited by love2fly
Spelling..