Ride 4 Sight

Owen

Reading their registration terms and conditions, what about the many riders who can’t make it personally to collect their race numbers.

see below 

Important information before you enter:Strict Covid protocols will be implemented in the presentation of the event.  For this reason, we are encouraging entrants to be Covid vaccine compliant in line with regulations now under consideration.Fully vaccinated riders can collect their race packs at any of the three registration venues.

• CycleLab Lynwood on Thursday, 17th February
  • CycleLab Fourways on Friday, 18th February; and
  • CycleLab Boksburg on Saturday, 19th 

Covid screening will be in place and riders will need to present their vaccine certificate (not SMS) and ID. 

Non-vaccinated & partially vaccinated riders can only register at CycleLab Boksburg on Saturday, 19th February – the day before the event.  They will have to present an official negative PCR test which is not older than 48 hours.  Alternatively, they may do an on-site Rapid Antigen Test at the Saturday registration venue at their own cost.

They have rules to follow, like Ride Joburg had to do. That didn’t stop collecting for someone else, providing you have copies of their ID and PoV.

I doubt anyone will check, and you’ll be able to collect for someone else.

47 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Am I right in saying access to SBR from the N3 should not really be a problem on the day

Nope, the route goes around the back of the reserve.

7D5A50BD-B507-4108-84C4-045361433337.png

Edited by Frosty

18 hours ago, Owen said:

....[snip]  They will have to present an official negative PCR test which is not older than 48 hours.  Alternatively, they may do an on-site Rapid Antigen Test at the Saturday registration venue at their own cost.  [end snip] 

Hahahahaa... But according to gov's regulations from last night, you can test positive, with no symptoms, and not have to isolate - which means you can go ride your bike or sit next to anyone you choose to. 

Silly rules really, but the rules are there to muster approval from government (mainly) as the event is being held on their premises

Besides, Im yet to see organisers enforce the collection rules to the 't' 

51 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Nope, the route goes around the back of the reserve.

7D5A50BD-B507-4108-84C4-045361433337.png

that what I mean, it goes around the back, so if I take the N3 (by car) I can enter from the front and still do a lap of SBR ?

34 minutes ago, 117 said:

Hahahahaa... But according to gov's regulations from last night, you can test positive, with no symptoms, and not have to isolate - which means you can go ride your bike or sit next to anyone you choose to. 

Silly rules really, but the rules are there to muster approval from government (mainly) as the event is being held on their premises

Besides, Im yet to see organisers enforce the collection rules to the 't' 

Same for rides with "out of town participants" .... CSA rules, as approved by Government, requires all out of towners to get a covid test (irrespective of vax status) ....

Is this even applicable any more to "asymptomatic" people ?

they have just created a world of new questions ....