2022 SA Road & TT Champs

Justin2

1 minute ago, warick_wrx said:

I see 2012 and 2015 was also following the same trend ! Perhaps next year the location will be favorable.

I think, with CSA and SA champs, it has more to do with who WANTS to host the champs than what and were is fair to the rider.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NickGM said:

Any reason you are grouping all of the cape provinces into 1? 5 Western Cape, 4 Eastern Cape, 1 Northern Cape.

I was in a hurry.  I actually have work to do.  
Grab the data and go for it.  😄

Nice... Happy for him.

Still believe he is one of the shining stars on a road bike in this country. 

9 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

23 year old from Houtbaai.
Impressive!  😱
Putting minutes into the European pro riders.  

He raced in Spain last year...

Edited by bleedToWin

2 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

Fact or perception?

Untitled2.jpg

Yikes, you might aswell group PE, Kimberley and Oos-london with Gauteng.

From what I heard all regions gave a bid then CSA decide who gets it.

Im sorry but gone are the days of “let’s try give everyone a chance and spread it out.Rider safety should be one of the top priorities .Seriously if a municipality can’t even have semi decent roads,struggling with water and electricity and the area deemed unsafe etc.

they should not even be considered .

10 minutes ago, stringbean said:

From what I heard all regions gave a bid then CSA decide who gets it.

Im sorry but gone are the days of “let’s try give everyone a chance and spread it out.Rider safety should be one of the top priorities .Seriously if a municipality can’t even have semi decent roads,struggling with water and electricity and the area deemed unsafe etc.

they should not even be considered .

They probably do ask the regions to bid, in reality the region who has the funds to host or sponsors lined up will get it.

To be able to have the required insurances in place the will have to demonstrate the required RAMS for the routes selected. 

I really can't see how you can prove rider safety without full road closures or rolling road closures.

Edited by Sharkie 2

5 minutes ago, Sharkie 2 said:

They probably do ask the regions to bid, in reality the region who has the funds to host or sponsors lined up will get it.

To be able to have the required insurances in place the will have to demonstrate the required RAMS for the routes selected. 

I really can't see how you can prove rider safety without full road closures or rolling road closures.

Assurance or Insurance?

Insurance is easy, you specify the amount of risk and you pay a premium for that cover.