2022 SA Road & TT Champs

Justin2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, stringbean said:

Tough route but so it should be for SA’s.

Basically 20km 400m /lap made for some tough racing.Just my 2c after watching the different age categories.While it was fantastic to see the talent(and I’m talking about male and female)coming thru,it is also interesting to see who IS NOT on the level.

To parents out there who have youngsters who have dreams of a career in cycling.If your youngster is 30 min off the pace,or getting lapped,or getting passed by the 40+ Ladies they do not have a future in cycling AS A CAREER.Please make sure your kid has a plan B.I was shocked to see so many youngsters with 200k bikes, all the backup from mom and dad, way off the pace.

Yes there is a few young talent coming thru male and female.

It still remains very little.

Stringbean ,

With all due respect I have to disagree with part of your comment in your second paragraph .

A few years back we raced SA,s in Westville . 2 brothers who were juniors at the time raced . Their race was 5 laps and they were dropped half way round lap 1 . They both finished , albeit about 40 minutes behind if memory serves me correct . They were so chuffed , and walked around all day showing off their 'Cycling tan '. Fast  forward to 2021 and one of those brothers is now a TOP elite , both on the track and road .... They never gave up , and followed their passion . 

58 minutes ago, Popit said:

Stringbean ,

With all due respect I have to disagree with part of your comment in your second paragraph .

A few years back we raced SA,s in Westville . 2 brothers who were juniors at the time raced . Their race was 5 laps and they were dropped half way round lap 1 . They both finished , albeit about 40 minutes behind if memory serves me correct . They were so chuffed , and walked around all day showing off their 'Cycling tan '. Fast  forward to 2021 and one of those brothers is now a TOP elite , both on the track and road .... They never gave up , and followed their passion . 

Last year I was dropped on lap 1 and 2 before getting a dnf. 

11 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Anyone know what happened to Byron Munton, at 142km in he was part of the 6 man break but with 5kms to go when the live feed came in he was not there at the end.

Just before entering the final lap i literally had to drop from the lead group, thanks to cramps. Managed to eventually ride through them and make my way back to the leaders. 1/4 way up the climb Kent put in a massive attack, i just didn't have it to go with. Rolled to the line with Jacques. 

To my teammate @Sid the Sloththat was some ride yesterday. One you can be very proud of! 

@Blouogies  won ITT and then the 30-34 Cat road race by 19min, or have I seen the incorrect times 😳

19mins at a 30km/h average speed for the last few kms(not sure if that was the speed it's just for argument sake) means he had just over a 9km lead which is almost half a lap... 

Well done Christiaan....

19 hours ago, stringbean said:

....I was shocked to see so many youngsters with 200k bikes, all the backup from mom and dad, way off the pace.

200k or 20k ? 🙃

Im talking specifically to the youngsters who thinking of a career in cycling.

Not those who going to end up just doing well at your local PPA race.

Its lekker to follow your passion but somebody’s got to pay your bills.

If you want to dream, take a nap.

Specifically youngsters who are ‘pro cyclist’or ‘ pro athlete’ on their social media profiles 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

49 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

@Blouogies  won ITT and then the 30-34 Cat road race by 19min, or have I seen the incorrect times 😳

19mins at a 30km/h average speed for the last few kms(not sure if that was the speed it's just for argument sake) means he had just over a 9km lead which is almost half a lap... 

Well done Christiaan....

I was thinking the same thing... I hope he is going to age group world champs  - will be favorite to win it!!

52 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well done Christiaan....

and that last few KMs he was already soft pedaling, smiling and celebrating

what a yster!!!

5 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

I was thinking the same thing... I hope he is going to age group world champs  - will be favorite to win it!!

If by World Champs you mean CTCT then I know he won his age Cat last year as he was also 2nd overall behind Nolan in the sprint. 

11 minutes ago, stringbean said:

Specifically youngsters who are ‘pro cyclist’or ‘ pro athlete’ on their social media profiles 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Let it be bru... some kids are just "fortunate" to live fantasy careers with mom and dad paying the bills.

Just now, babse said:

Let it be bru... some kids are just "fortunate" to live fantasy careers with mom and dad paying the bills.

Oh you mean the kids with "official" at the end of their Insta name because they're so famous with their 2k followers that another 10 people are going to start fan pages and they just want eveyrone to follow the correct account? or those with cyclist at the end because they cannot post non cycling related posts on their peronal page and vice versa?? #Askingforafriend

15 minutes ago, stringbean said: