Fox Float Fork Lockout - where does this ball come from

New Landy new life

under the compression needle , that rod sticking out 

is a washer at the bottom , stick a magnet in there and you can pull it up , there is a slot where that ball sits and uts spring backed 

it pushes against that rod to give the 3 clikcs when you change the modes 

its tricky to fit but not impossible , also not necessary to the operation if you don't want to dive in there.

*CAUTION* 

on those evo dampers that compression needle is loose and picking around in there you might actually push the whole rod (which has 3 shims on it ) through and out the bottom of the compression assembly and this will have to refit by A professional, droo is probably your closest one

Underneath the metal shim that sits over the compression adjuster shaft there's a spring and a detent ball that makes the adjuster go click when you turn it. 

That's the ball. 

It's a pig to get back in. You'll need something blunt, like a pin punch, and a small screwdriver, neither of which can be magnetic, and a pair of tweezers. Make sure the floor around you is clean so there's nowhere for the spring or ball to hide when they inevitably go flying, and wear safety glasses. Also do whatever zen exercises you need to so you don't lose your rag after the 23rd attempt. 

Then put the shim and big spring back on, followed by the adjuster, before you even think of turning it to check if it works. If you don't it'll pop out again and you'll start from scratch. 

Edited by droo
Spelling

6 hours ago, W Smith said:

Just take it to Stokes suspension. You can thank me later.

I have massive respect for lads who work on their own bike. Not for me, Stokes it is 

8 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Doesnt sound like @droo will be thanking you though 😂🤣

Nah, it'll take me 2 minutes if there's no underlying issue. I've done this plenty times. 

First time was a fight though.