Dunkeld Cycles great service

Sampaj

Its all about what was wanted? If it was more along the "board shorts" design then whats the problem? In effect board shorts can be worn over normal cycling shorts and have the desired result?

18 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

Its all about what was wanted? If it was more along the "board shorts" design then whats the problem? In effect board shorts can be worn over normal cycling shorts and have the desired result?

I go out for a ride, not a surf. 

47 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

No ways am I am cyclibg in boardshorts again, at least not any of the ones I have, they become EXTREMELY slippery when paired with bib shorts, was slipping and sliding all over the place, duh duh duh, was a horrible ride that....

8 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

No ways am I am cyclibg in boardshorts again, at least not any of the ones I have, they become EXTREMELY slippery when paired with bib shorts, was slipping and sliding all over the place, duh duh duh, was a horrible ride that....

Not to mention that seam that runs right across your taint and grinds you raw after a couple of hours in the saddle.

22 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Not to mention that seam that runs right across your taint and grinds you raw after a couple of hours in the saddle.

I was talking about wearing board shorts over you bib shorts... pretty my like a pair of FOX baggy shorts

Wearing any non-padded shorts is just crazy

• 1 year later...

My experience with Dunkeld has been great. After being super fed up with my local Spez dealer and their no care attitudes, I decided to check Trek out. The guys at Dunkeld literally went out of their way to help. Highly recommend the shop 

On 3/1/2022 at 2:40 PM, Steady Spin said:

I go out for a ride, not a surf. 

That’s hysterical.!! 🤣🤣

but shame,sounds like the oke was just trying to give her a budget friendly alternative.. board shorts are not a bad idea.. 

1 hour ago, Bichael Dewing said:

That’s hysterical.!! 🤣🤣

but shame,sounds like the oke was just trying to give her a budget friendly alternative.. board shorts are not a bad idea.. 

For surfing yes  ... Riding? NO

Why not?

I ride in Jean shorts most of the time. Even done Swartberg  Gran Fondo and a heap of other long stuff as well as Stage races and other stuff in them, not just quick spins.

You guys are soft..........

Edited by Jewbacca

20 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

For surfing yes  ... Riding? NO

Why not.? 

you’ve never used something that wasn’t meant for it but worked well anyways.?

22 minutes ago, Bichael Dewing said:

Why not.? 

you’ve never used something that wasn’t meant for it but worked well anyways.?

You clearly have a thicker  'gatvel' than me!

2 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

You clearly have a thicker  'gatvel' than me!

I don’t know what a gatvel is but going on you’ve said thicker🤣🤣 I’ve never ridden without padded(chamois) shorts under my puma or adidas track shorts, or my fox mtb shorts when I eventually got some.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Why not?

I ride in Jean shorts most of the time. Even done Swartberg  Gran Fondo and a heap of other long stuff as well as Stage races and other stuff in them, not just quick spins.

As @Me rida my bicycle what looks I got when I rocked up at Bloemendal in my jeans .... on the MTB, from Traverse .... 🤣  

But the correct gear is just much more comfortable (for a softy like me)

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Why not?

But rumour has it if you get cut, you do not bleed .....