Leatt product quality

BrandonEvans

I cant afford Leatt, but managed to buy 2 pairs of gloves a while back. Don't know the model name but they are minimalist. I dont like heavy thick gloves and would ride without gloves if I didnt sweat so much. Fit is ok, quality is Meh. The elastic around the wrist section stretched out in no time so they dont fit snugly anymore - not a biggie because they still work, but compared to other brands I use I would rate them as average.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Skott5 said:

I cant afford Leatt, but managed to buy 2 pairs of gloves a while back. Don't know the model name but they are minimalist. I dont like heavy thick gloves and would ride without gloves if I didnt sweat so much. Fit is ok, quality is Meh. The elastic around the wrist section stretched out in no time so they dont fit snugly anymore - not a biggie because they still work, but compared to other brands I use I would rate them as average.

probably 1.0

Have a bunch of Leatt gear for the MTB and the dirt bike: neck braces, body armour, knee & elbow guards, paddy-pants (for the dirt bike) etc. Never had one of their helmets though (I use either my TLD D3 or POC Tectal for pip-protection while MTB-ing),

Out of all the Leatt gear though, the only one I have had issue with is the zip failing on my Leatt 3DF Airfit Lite body armour. Was petty annoying, especially considering the R3000+ cost for a glorifies T-shirt. I bought it from CRC and it was likely out of warranty or not worth the schlep, so I ended up pulling out all the 3DF pads and cutting them into the shapes to install them in my Alpinestars rally-jacket, so not a total loss 😅

Leatt's glove fit did change, and not in a good way for me - new generation gloves feel way shorter between index and thumb - just for the fun attached comparison of old vs new gen gloves, on both sizes S and XL - not the best or mathematically accurate comparison I know but visually the difference is there.

20220304_125120.jpg

20220304_125104.jpg

Edited by Vallende Vaandel
Image size

24 minutes ago, Vallende Vaandel said:

Leatt's glove fit did change, and not in a good way for me - new generation gloves feel way shorter between index and thumb - just for the fun attached comparison of old vs new gen gloves, on both sizes S and XL - not the best or mathematically accurate comparison I know but visually the difference is there.

20220304_125120.jpg

20220304_125104.jpg

Definitely wont buy the new ones then. I have a pair of the green in your first photo and they are perfect. Any shorter and it will be a pain. 

I have a shorts somewhere. Bought it online, in the size I wear. Turns out the size is actually 2 sizes smaller. Can say I wont consider the brand again. Other brands clothing fit perfectly without me having to try on.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:34 PM, BrandonEvans said:

Hey All 

What are peoples opinions on Leatt products ? 

I bought the MTB 3.0 Enduro V21 and I'm very disappointed with it. It cost me R4000 and I've worn it 3 times and its falling apart already. All the little velcro circles that hold the padding on the inside have come away from the helmet so parts of it are falling out. The rubber that they put in that plastic bit at goes at the back of your head to tighten the helmet have all fallen out. 

For the price you pay, I would of expected better quality. 
Asked about it on their social media and they read my message and ignored me. 
Am I expecting too much ?

Hello Brandon, 

Karlien here from Leatt. Again, we are sorry about your experience. This is NOT the norm, this we can promise you. Please note, Leatt is a global company and we respond to every query, personally, in-between riding our bikes. ;) 

However, we responded to you yesterday, 3 March at 11:22am (GMT+2). Your specific query relates to the fact that you purchased the helmet in Cape Town, but you reside in Kwa-Zulu Natal. As another awesome dude mentioned on this thread, we have an excellent Warranty*, but we need you to reply with you details, so that we can further assist you?

Chat soon, Brandon! 

Screenshot1 (1).png

Edited by Karlien v.d. Westhuizen

On 3/4/2022 at 2:13 PM, Karlien v.d. Westhuizen said:

Hello Brendon, 

Karlien here from Leatt. Again, we are sorry about your experience. This is NOT the norm, this we can promise you. Please note, Leatt is a global company and we respond to every query, personally, in-between riding our bikes. ;) 

However, we responded to you yesterday, 3 March at 11:22am (GMT+2). Your specific query relates to the fact that you purchased the helmet in Cape Town, but you reside in Kwa-Zulu Natal. As another awesome dude mentioned on this thread, we have an excellent Warranty*, but we need you to reply with you details, so that we can further assist you?

Chat soon, Brendon! 

Screenshot1 (1).png

Hi Karlien 

I have decided not to follow through with the warranty process as it is too inconvenient for me to do so. Unfortunately I think the way this was handle is not great. My frustration is that a higher end piece of protective wear is falling apart after being used three times. You have then shared a private message between Leatt and myself on a public forum. You have gotten my name wrong twice. 

This post was created so I could gauge whether or not I was being fair. 

I will try to repair the helmet myself. We can leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, BrandonEvans said:

Hi Karlien 

I have decided not to follow through with the warranty process as it is too inconvenient for me to do so. Unfortunately I think the way this was handle is not great. My frustration is that a higher end piece of protective wear is falling apart after being used three times. You have then shared a private message between Leatt and myself on a public forum. You have gotten my name wrong twice. 

So sad. I always prefer supporting local companies, but experiences such as this make it very difficult.

You'll be happy to learn that there is life after Leatt. Fox, Giro, Camelback, Specialized and Ion have replaced all my old Leatt gear and I have either not had any issues with these products, or received fantastic after sales service where there was a problem. You may even save some money by choosing to buy non Leatt products. 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, Vallende Vaandel said:

20220304_125120.jpg

20220304_125104.jpg

That light grey one was the culprit in my case. The fit was just terrible.

15 minutes ago, Rock Guy said:

So sad. I always prefer supporting local companies, but experiences such as this make it very difficult.

You'll be happy to learn that there is life after Leatt. Fox, Giro, Camelback, Specialized and Ion have replaced all my old Leatt gear and I have either not had any issues with these products, or received fantastic after sales service where there was a problem. You may even save some money by choosing to buy non Leatt products. 

I always support local. If I see I am being charged a premium for a product I can get for cheaper overseas, then I move on. Even sizing is not catered for the (larger riders) south african market. 

Sometimes business should just take ownership whether right or wrong and give themselves super street cred as apposed to doing further damage with negative outcomes.

1 hour ago, Rock Guy said:

I try to support local as much as i can. I have had some really good experiences. I bought a second hand Pyga that was way out of its warranty, I then noticed some hairline cracks in the frame. I took the bike to Pyga and asked them what my options were and what they thought. Patrick, the owner, gave it one look and instantly said he would replace the frame free of charge. I was the second owner and it was years out of Warranty. Now to me that is going above and beyond. That there is looking after your brand and caring for your customers. I will always own a Pyga now and I try to tell as many people as I can about what they did for me. 

3 hours ago, BrandonEvans said:

Hi Karlien 

As someone who's name (Steven not Stephen) gets misspelt often I wouldn't let it upset me that much Brendin.

I personally would have taken up the offer but glad everyone has closure and if anything Leatt has got some free product development feedback to improve their products by.

9 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

As someone who's name (Steven not Stephen) gets misspelt often I wouldn't let it upset me that much Brendin.

I personally would have taken up the offer but glad everyone has closure and if anything Leatt has got some free product development feedback to improve their products by.

Yea, unfortunately, I'm yet to have someone get my name right. I think this just bugged me more than it should of as it was mixed in with all the other frustration. 

Brendin is a new low. Normally the E and A are mixed up. Never the O with an I. 😅 

Edited by BrandonEvans

1 minute ago, BrandonEvans said:

Yea, unfortunately, I'm yet to have someone get my name right. I think this just bugged me more than it should of as it was mixed in with all the other frustration. 

Brendin is a new low. Normally the E and A and mixed up. Never the O with an I. 😅 

At least you still have a sense of humour man.

22 minutes ago, BrandonEvans said:

I try to support local as much as i can. I have had some really good experiences. I bought a second hand Pyga that was way out of its warranty, I then noticed some hairline cracks in the frame. I took the bike to Pyga and asked them what my options were and what they thought. Patrick, the owner, gave it one look and instantly said he would replace the frame free of charge. I was the second owner and it was years out of Warranty. Now to me that is going above and beyond. That there is looking after your brand and caring for your customers. I will always own a Pyga now and I try to tell as many people as I can about what they did for me. 

Yup, I can also vouch for Pyga. After cracking a Pascoe I was sorted with a new frame and back to riding in less than two weeks. Good okes.