Absa Cape Epic 2022

JohanDiv

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notably fewer World Cup XCO racers this year.  Maybe its just too much to fit in, although it seems a bucket list thing.

Chris B notwithstanding, remember he won the last round at Snowshoe. Fök that oke is on fire.

Also Anika L makes great addition to the commentary teams in my opinion.  Eurosport / GCN should sign her.

Edited by kosmonooit

9 hours ago, samson99 said:

What car was it? Might have been my partner. 

I was heading to Tygerberg trails on my bike .... just spotted the Epic board.  They were gone in the opposite direction before I could even see what bike it was, or its colour ... 🙈

Probably safe to assume it is your partner.  BEST wishes for the longer stages starting today

28 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I was heading to Tygerberg trails on my bike .... just spotted the Epic board.  They were gone in the opposite direction before I could even see what bike it was, or its colour ... 🙈

Probably safe to assume it is your partner.  BEST wishes for the longer stages starting today

Thanks Chris. Much appreciated. ☺

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Also no uci points from the cape epic any longer so it’s less attractive if it impacts on the XCO season 

Why does it not get any uci points anymore?

1 hour ago, duringd said:

It does, just not weighted for XCO like it used to, more towards XCM. Also it’s slightly different for the women. The points system isn’t a straightforward process.

15 hours ago, tinmug said:

Nino had a rear puncture.

And I reckon they'd be wearing yellow jerseys tomorrow afternoon. 

Norravok. 7 minute deficit and 7 stages. No one will burn all their matches in one stage to make that up. They know what they’re doing, no doubt they’ll be racing to close that gap over the course of the event.

1 hour ago, duringd said:

It’s been reclassified as an XCM event not XCO hence the marathon champions can now wear their world champions jerseys. Same for the womens race as far as I lnow

3 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Norravok. 7 minute deficit and 7 stages. No one will burn all their matches in one stage to make that up. They know what they’re doing, no doubt they’ll be racing to close that gap over the course of the event.

2 minutes 13 seconds deficit. That's after they clawed back around a minute after the puncture (and stopped for a new wheel). 

Hoping Beers/Blevins can power to an overall win though. 👍

17 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Nino & Lars is 4:39 back, where did you get 7 minutes ?

Edited by TheoG

2 minutes ago, tinmug said:

results.png

That is at one of the time checks, final deficit was 4:39.

Edit:  No sorry my mistake, that is the second Scott team:

nino.JPG

Edited by TheoG

22 minutes ago, tinmug said:

2 minutes 13 seconds deficit. That's after they clawed back around a minute after the puncture (and stopped for a new wheel). 

Hoping Beers/Blevins can power to an overall win though. 👍

My bad, they closed it down to 2min odd. Don’t see them cooking it too much today though with a week of racing ahead. All makes for good racing 🙌