Shimano XT 12s shifter clamp help

MajG

Too many options and variables,  need the hub insight. 

I want to fit 12s XT shifter, I believe it's I spec ev. Not entirely sure even ( why the effin h3ll do they change it)

I can't seem to just find simple clamp adapter to fit it to the bar, must it have a matchmaker and fit to the brakes clamp? I have sram guides fitted.

Saw kcnc clamp option for R600 and matchmaker for even more...ridiculous. find it crazy to spend Similar cost on a clamp as the shifter.

Nevertheless what exactly do I need to buy to get this fitted? Most cost effective way.

Either direct to bar or to the sram brakes clamp. 

Screenshot_20220316-164115_Gallery.jpg

i use the wolftooth adapter to fit that directly to the sram brakes but it was pricey . couldn't find any other easy options. chat to Janos at Evo bikes

46 minutes ago, Jackal355 said:

i use the wolftooth adapter to fit that directly to the sram brakes but it was pricey . couldn't find any other easy options. chat to Janos at Evo bikes

Sadly it seems no cheaper alternative 

Matchmakers not available locally? 

Had the same problem with 11 speed shimano,if you don't have the brakes to attach it too you stuffed,and shimano is hardly available currently.

Janos at Evo couldn't even help me,I'm interested in the event if followers have a solution.

This is really cr@p, I moved over from sram as I prefer shimano shifting feel.

Now to be faced with this, wolftooth has an option at the cost R1060 , almost the pof the shifter

The 12 speed XT shifter is available with a bar clamp. I don't know if you can purchase the clamp separately though.

You need the cover replacement kit. Unfortunately Coolheat only has XTR option in stock (don't think it will fit XT)

Shimano SLM9100 R/H CASE COVER UNIT

I think you would be looking for the Shimano SLM8100 R/H CASE COVER UNIT

Cover.JPG

9 hours ago, Mtree said:

Just stumbled upon this hack...
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/mount-shimano-i-spec-ev-shifter-using-sram-brake-lever-clamp-how-to.1148915/

Will say though, that I was able to get a 12s XT shifter with a bar clamp on not the EV spec option.

Thanks will try this option else I'm swopping out to sram, find this totally ridiculous from shimano. 

Iv never run shimano brakes so will always have this issue

46 minutes ago, Swift01 said:

You need the cover replacement kit. Unfortunately Coolheat only has XTR option in stock (don't think it will fit XT)

Shimano SLM9100 R/H CASE COVER UNIT

I think you would be looking for the Shimano SLM8100 R/H CASE COVER UNIT

Cover.JPG

This is an option...let me search thanks.

I read that the 7100 (SLX), 8100 (XT) and 9100 (XTR) covers are interchangeable. However if using the 7100 cover you will lose the 8100 double shift. That said if you want a 7100 cover with bar clamp I will happily swap mine with you as I'd rather have the neater ispec ev. Feel free to DM me.