[Event] Velddrif 222 Velddrif

SuzieK

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the R366 road tarred all the way through? 

Just asking as google is showing it as gravel part way.  Never driven that way so don't know if google is just outdated or not 🤷‍♀️

(Edit) Okay Street view might just be outdated, by the looks of satellite view it looks to be tarred

Edited by -cK-

• 3 weeks later...

> The race will work on a handicap system with the slower riders starting first.

>Line honours will go to the first person across the finish line and of course race honours to the rider with the fastest elapsed time overall!  So plenty to race for.

Anyone have some inside info on this?
I assume it's still mass starts with cat 1 starting last, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster if more than one bunch will merge...

1 minute ago, Pure Savage said:

Ride to event and back could be a good day out

all fun and games until it is dark and your rear light stops working... 

7 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

> The race will work on a handicap system with the slower riders starting first.

>Line honours will go to the first person across the finish line and of course race honours to the rider with the fastest elapsed time overall!  So plenty to race for.

Anyone have some inside info on this?
I assume it's still mass starts with cat 1 starting last, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster if more than one bunch will merge...

from experience of races over 150 kms - the field is generally strewn all over the course and cross the line 1 by 1 after a certain distance. but we have taken that into account and will consult with the race commissaires, if they are of the opinion that safety will be an issue then we must have a rethink. but personally if my average speed is estiamted 30 kms for the event and i'm caught in the last 20 kms by the fastest riders averaging 40 kph - i know i won't be able to hook on.

7 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

all fun and games until it is dark and your rear light stops working... 

if the first bunch starts at 7.00am (this is just in proposal form at the moment) a 25kph rider should finish by 3.00pm

1 hour ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

if the first bunch starts at 7.00am (this is just in proposal form at the moment) a 25kph rider should finish by 3.00pm

What bunch sizes are being considered in this proposal form?

1 hour ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

And then you have to cycle home.