Polar Cadance Sensor

Marius

I think my Cadance sensor died. It picks up for the first 10 or so revolotions but then it dies, so I'm thinking it's the batteries. I looked at the manual and it says I cna replace the bat or send it into polar. I heard if I do it myself the warrenty is gone. So what the fastes way to get my Cad working again?? How much is n new one??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The light goes off after a few revolutions to save battery power.

If the light comes on, then it must be getting a signal. I might be wrong, but it seems there is another problem, not the battery.

Is your HR monitor set to display / record Cadence. If it is switched off, the light will flash to show its picking up the sensor, but the watch won't be recording it.

Take it to a Polar Approved dealer, closest to you would be sportsmansware house or Willie Engelbreght, let then send it in for you. Perhaps pay a bit extra for speed services and you should get it back quite soon.

A new one is probably around about R350-400 (I haven't baught one in a while).

The only issue with replacing the battery yourself, is the waterproof seal. The watch is tricky but the speed cadence sensor is quite straight forward.

But, on second thaught....... with your track record with D.I.Y. send it in, you can manually calculate your cadence for a few days....LOL

Hi Marius

I regard myself as technically adept. When I received my Cadence sensors from www.totalcycling.com they were both dead. I read the booklet and AHA!!!!! I can replace the batteries myself!!!!!!!. I had batteries available as my SHIMANO Flightdeck uses the same. It did not work and I sent them in to Polar in Jhb. In fact flew down to Jhb and handed them in myself.... I did conveniently have other business in RSA as well. It turned out that both units were defect. POLAR did not honor the warranty as they did not know whether Totalcycling was a registered Polar agent and I had to buy two new PC boards for the Cadence Sensors. That cost me R90-00 each.They showed me in the workshop that the seal is extremely diffiult to line up and the self tapping screws strips the thread very easily. Almost all non-functioning sensors in the workshop is water damaged due to own er battery replacements. They also pressure test the sensor to ensure it does not leak.

Rather take the long way and have the batteries replaced by Polar. Their service is tops.

Laat hulle sommer die sensor stel vir sterker transmissie. Jy kan dit dan uit die pad uit opsit op die agterwiel.

Maak seker die sensor het nie geskuif nie en dat die magneet reg aligned is.

thx WW, I made sure the cad option was on when checking. I ran the cad sensor past the pickup thingy and it blinks from about ten times then it stops blinking. While it is blinking it's still not showing any cad on the watch. After it dies I move the cad sensor and other thingy around to see if it picks up but NOTHING HAPPENS!!! I did a whole training ride and it did not pick up anything. I've noticed during the last two months or so that it stops working during working outs but goes on again later, it's bizzare!

Thz BigH, will send it in then and ask to have the signal made stronger. Thumbs%20Up

Fanie, jou Avatar lyk nogsteeds gay!LOL
Marius2006-10-31 07:12:01

Marius the best thing to do is send in it for repairs, it might be the battery but it might not. I had exactly the same problem, replaced the battery myself, turned out it did not work?.If you send it to Polar you can have it back with in a week plus your guarantee still in tact?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Marius, gebruik Willie. Het my Hrt monitor opgestuur en dis binne 'n week terug. Die ouens van Polar bel jou en gee sommer direk terug voer. Goeie service. Seker ook die enigste service in SA.

smallrebel is doodreg.... ou Maps gebruik Willie se diens!!!!!

Marius.

Pas aan nog 'n probleem gedink!

Jy het nou teveel Carbon op jou fiets!!!!!! LOL

Die sensor's het metaal nodig om die infrarooi sein te kan herlei na jou horlosie toe.

Probeer jou magneet op die verste punt van jou crankarm sit, naby die pedaal, en die cadence sensor op die "down tube" sodat die afstand tussen die sensor en jou horlosie so kort as moontlik is.

As dit nie werk nie, stuur dit maar in.

Die geflikker is net vir die eerste rukkie dan hou dit op.  Dit is om die batterye te spaar.  Ek het ook gevind dat die cadence sensor vat langer as die spoed sensor om n lesing op my HRM te wys.  Weet nie hoekom nie maar dit is heel waarskynlik die sagteware.

Ek het ook op n stadium n probleem gehad dat my Cadence sensor partykeer n lesing op tel en ander keer nie.  Het dit twee keer by Polar gehad en hulle kon nie fout kry nie.  Dit het later reg gekom en al wat ek kon dink was dat die magneet en sensor presies geplaas moet wees.  Will my voorkom dat dit nogal heel vol fiemies is as dit kom by die plasing.

If all else fails, laar Polar dan na die ding kyk.  Hulle diens is iets ongeloofliks.

dankie B, sal weer vanaand kyk maar is redelik gatvol om dit te pobeer uitfigure. Kan ons asb. n moderator kry om WW se stront te delete???

my Sensor en reciever le nie face to face 100% nie, is bietjie skeef, miskien moet ek hulle 100% allined kry, agg ek sal kyk. thx guys!