Factor Bikes Appoint Switchback Sports as Exclusive Distributors

News bot

Switchback Sports adds premium brands Factor Bikes and Black Inc components to their portfolio. Founded in 2017, Switchback Sports distributes a range of premium cycling products to over 200 South African bicycle stores. From April 2022, the Cape Town based outfit will add Factor Bikes to their portfolio. The prestigious British bicycle brand joins a […]

View full article

Factor bikes can be seen proving their pedigree at the highest-level of racing, piloted by Chris Froome 

As much as I want to support Froomedawg, this line doesn't say much about their bikes - He is currently not in the top 500 rider rank. Since joining the team and switching from Pinarello his best result is something subjectively obscure like coming in the bottom10 of the TdF GC. 

I even drew up a crappy infographic to prove my point

image.png.4d8d7786ab45a596a2a9b1707014ec20.png

I'm sure the bikes are great. Maybe rusty woods, fuglsang or nizzolo can do something handy with them to prove it. 

The bikes are probably as good as any other for most of us, but the price tag… ouch… and I’m talking european prices, before all the extra costs to get it here

16 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Factor bikes can be seen proving their pedigree at the highest-level of racing, piloted by Chris Froome 

As much as I want to support Froomedawg, this line doesn't say much about their bikes - He is currently not in the top 500 rider rank. Since joining the team and switching from Pinarello his best result is something subjectively obscure like coming in the bottom10 of the TdF GC. 

I'm sure the bikes are great. Maybe rusty woods, fuglsang or nizzolo can do something handy with them to prove it. 

You judge a bike capability by this? 

17 hours ago, Shebeen said:

A more interesting fact about Froome, in this context, is that he's an investor in Factor Bikes. He's on the board.

26 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

that lando XC, mmmmm how do I put this gently,,, Fugly ASF

You think so? I think they look pretty serious. Maybe it's the blunt Blue and White colourway that isn't showing it in the best light.
Let's try some green..112221_Factor_1871_Lando_XC_Green_xxDriv

4 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

You think so? I think they look pretty serious. Maybe it's the blunt Blue and White colourway that isn't showing it in the best light.

It's like someone wanted a Giant and a  Spesh but couldn't decide so they put both into 1 bike. Ungainly is the kindest thing I can say about it 

3 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

You judge a bike capability by this? 

No, I judge bikes on how cool they look like everyone else!!

BUT, the "win on Sunday sell on Monday" mantra will always be there, I think locally the rise of Spez must surely go down in a not insignificant part to their riders doing extremely well at the Cape epic over the years. Scott were also nowhere until Nino came onto the scene (and probike swapped there from rally). 

The point I was making is that using Chris Froome's performance on a Factor bike is a not a good angle. Obviously it's not the reason why he is struggling, but you can't look past it.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

A more interesting fact about Froome, in this context, is that he's an investor in Factor Bikes. He's on the board.

I was totally aware of that, hence why it would make more sense to say something like - 4time TdF winner believes in the produyct so much he's put his hat into the ring to fund it and take further.

37 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

THAT DOES LOOK BETTER but that top support, top tube to seat post looks a bit like an after thought, no smooooth, 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:37 PM, Steady Spin said:

Interesting to see so many brands from Pure Motion move to Switchback....

First POC and now these. 

I think it has to do with minimum stock holding and how you want to manage cash flow. Bikes only deliver returns in year 3 so while sales are slow in SA on high end bikes outside of 4 big brands , there is also availability concerns , warranty replacement availability etc. too much risk. POC isn’t very big in SA either. Rather consolidate on a smaller line of faster moving goods