Leather grips

BUCKERS

I didn't realise it will be so difficult, or that I am looking at the wrong places. Looking for vintage looking leather / pleather grips and even saddles. I am based in Cape Town; short of getting it off bikeinn which will hit me with taxes and handling charges, does anyone know where one can find some locally? Budget project, not fussy about branding, nothing too fancy. Thank you!!

New Design Bike Parts Leather Bicycle Grips - Buy Leather ...

23 minutes ago, BUCKERS said:

I didn't realise it will be so difficult, or that I am looking at the wrong places. Looking for vintage looking leather / pleather grips and even saddles. I am based in Cape Town; short of getting it off bikeinn which will hit me with taxes and handling charges, does anyone know where one can find some locally? Budget project, not fussy about branding, nothing too fancy. Thank you!!

Contact Moosa at Bridge Cycles

2 hours ago, BUCKERS said:

might be too fancy, but these guys been doing it for a while

https://www.facebook.com/velobrien/

10 minutes ago, ouzo said:

just be prepared to cut the tassels off before installation

am sure they can be upcycled them for something else. . . . . . . . . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 12:52 PM, DieselnDust said:

Contact Moosa at Bridge Cycles

Thank you, will do so!

On 4/28/2022 at 11:29 PM, Hairy said:

I understand that Woodheads (Leather work in CT) do a day a week where they are open to the public to request one off designed and manufactured leather goods.

This looks like something they can whip out chop chop

https://www.woodheads.co.za/

Ah yes, great idea, thanks!