[Event] Fedhealth MTB Challenge 2022

Events Bot

Event Name: Fedhealth MTB Challenge 2022
When: 10/09/2022 - 11/09/2022
Where: , Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

Celebrating its 7th anniversary in 2022, the exhilarating Fedhealth MTB Challenge will return to the picturesque Blaauwklippen Wine Estate (Stellenbosch) on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September 2022. Entries OPEN on Wednesday 04 May 2022!

Saturday, 10 September 2022

Event: 15km Fedhealth MTB Challenge (Fun Ride)

Start Time: 08:00

Entry Fee: R200.00

Event & Time: Fedhealth Kids MTB

Events: not timed

500m / 1 – 5 years of age / 10:00

1.5km / 6 – 9 years of age / 10:30

5km / 10 – 13 years of age / 11:00

Start Time: 10:00

Entry Fee: R100.00

Sunday, 11 September 2022

Event: +- 60km Fedhealth MTB Challenge (Marathon)

Time:08:00

Entry Fee: R450.00 per rider (excludes CSA License)

Event: +-30km Fedhealth MTB Challenge (Half Marathon)

Time: 08:30 Entry Fee: R350.00 per rider (excludes CSA License)

CSA Temp License: R60.00

Entries Open: Wednesday 04 May 2022

Entries Close: Tuesday 06 September 2022

Go to Event Page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, YaseenEnos said:

Trailseekers and Fedhealth double header that weekend

Interested

Just go with Fedhealth since they mark the trail and you don't need to seek it. 

Seriously - I'll never do another Nissan related ride - f.....kem. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2022 at 8:46 AM, Sephie Esterhuizen said:

Was hoping there is a GPX file somewhere for the marathon distance...58km

As was I - turns out they shortened it to 47km?

Kind of surprised there are no report backs on this race. Can't say I was sorry they shortened it, but was confused & tense coming into the finish knowing I did not have 58km on the clock & as yet not aware it had been shortened.

Yeah, what a mudfest. I had three peeps fall right in front of me, on the Marathon route. Good, fit cyclists struggling with the slippery switchbacks and fast rocky flat sections (stream crossing etc).

I was so surprised to come around the corner at the finish line, also registering 48 kays (I took a wrong turn and had to double back).

And how were those route markings? Shocking! Red arrows on blue background? On the cloudy day, with sunnies on 😎  to prevent mud in my eyes, it was nearly impossible to see the arrows until you were right on top of them 😝

But anyway I had a lekker time. It was tougher than expected, but I really enjoyed the single track along the route. I hope all those who fell are ok!

30 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

Anybody know if there will be Results available?

Ja, don't think these ones (Entry Ninja)happen fast at the best of times, assuming it should be on Entry Ninja. Now add shortened route. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that the hot shots at the front may have done original full distance. If so, timing will be a stuff up...

I always find it frustrating having to wait long periods for race results. Running races are back to the 1980's in that regard. Must say when one is accustomed to Racetec's fairly fast process it can makes the delay all the more noticeable from other companies. #No affiliation with Racetec although I do vaguely know one of the "owners/past owners". He is a cyclist, so hard not to in the Cape Town community.