11 speed sprocket

capediver

I have GRX 11 speed 2x groupset, 2 sets of wheels, one wheel set has an 11t sprocket stamped "RJ" which hops and skips with the GRX derailleur,  the other set has an 11t sprocket stamped "TB" and is solid....

I can't tell the difference...is there...pics below...

20220508_113920.jpg

Edited by capediver

Have you checked the indexing? That seems like the simplest option. Different cassette types have slightly different over all specs. 

Often times you cant just swap out cassettes or wheels with cassettes.

Simple to the check, adjust the DR and see if it works better.   

Also note different wear levels on the chain/cassette will also cause this.

Ja, the cassettes on both sets are exactly the same... it's only this one that skips....at the moment, I'm just swapping out the 11t one every time I change wheelsets...(I got different tyres on each set so quick to change from road to gravel) ...wear on the skipping one does not look bad at all, I can't see anything different...it's older though and comes from a bike with a different rear DR (slx with clutch)...

I don't want to have to fiddle with the indexing or alignment every time I change wheelsets though so I'll just look for a new 11t TB sprocket...

47 minutes ago, Martin PJ said:

Is the locking ring 11 speed on both?

Yip, both cassettes exactly the same, just that little 11t ....changing and riding all the other gears is smooth and even  same as the other wheelset....I've seen other stamp marks in pics on the Web of the hg 700, on the 11t, so maybe stamps mean nothing, slight wear may just be the issue....it does not ride up or down like an alignment problem, just slips and jumps and skips while on the sprocket under pressure pedalling....

2 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Change the Cassette (The One that Skips)

Yip, that's what I plan, hope to just get the 11t...not sure if it's possible without getting the whole cassette,  it's basically new...

You can buy 11 speed cogs on Aliexpress.com, cheap but take months to arrive. Ask a mate if they have an old cassette lying around, this cog does not usually wear out first.

Something to check, is the chain master link on the right way round? They are directional and can cause the chain to skip on the 11t if put on backwards.