Best light

Henryfeather

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Ya, this thread reminded me my Magicshine batteries need replacement. Must say those R500 buck Chinese units have never missed a beat, bar the rather poor batteries.

you lucky they haven't burned your garage down yet

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Bit of a cheeky punt, but I've put a set of Extreme Lights Endurance+ up on the classifieds.... 

I'll take the battery

17 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'll take the battery

No you won't. 😋  ... selling as a unit, completly new. 

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Ya, this thread reminded me my Magicshine batteries need replacement. Must say those R500 buck Chinese units have never missed a beat, bar the rather poor batteries.

Similar experience on the magic shine. Batteries finally dying too quickly but brilliant lighting performance. After about 6 years or so!

22 hours ago, splat said:

So, without going the whole 'request a quote' route, what sort of moolah are we looking at here ?

As Oom Diesel said.......around R5-R6k
The nice thing about this light......lasts around 10 years.

1 hour ago, Spinnekop said:

As Oom Diesel said.......around R5-R6k
The nice thing about this light......lasts around 10 years.

And the battery is replaceable by Exposure. They service the units too. Turn around is about 3 weeks 

My Lupine still going strong after a couple of years. Love it. 

I must say a self contained battery in the light seems appealing at times. 

51 minutes ago, FDP said:

My Lupine still going strong after a couple of years. Love it. 

I must say a self contained battery in the light seems appealing at times. 

Your lupine will probably outlive you.

I bought mine in 2002. It’s only needed to have the switch and HID bulb replaced. The switch I replaced myself, the bulb went back to Stefan.I had the battery repacked recently at IPP in Milnerton. Had it with me at 360one as my back up. 

I think I bought some really good value because the light intensity may seem low on paper but out in the trail it’s got a nice warm beam that lifts detail from the trail without white washing the trail with blue light. I’d buy a Wilma next 

Who is Stefan? Is there a current local Lupine agent? 

I got my Lupine stuff from a Simon in CPT, but cannot find anything online about them anymore. 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:07 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Bit of a cheeky punt, but I've put a set of Extreme Lights Endurance+ up on the classifieds.... 

You know my earlier post :whistling:

15 minutes ago, FDP said:

Who is Stefan? Is there a current local Lupine agent? 

I got my Lupine stuff from a Simon in CPT, but cannot find anything online about them anymore. 

He was my contact at Lupine. I dealt directly with Lupine not with Simon from afripex. I was offered the repair and distribution license but they wanted me to hold R250k worth of stock which was a heck of a lot. Simon took it on a year or two later but I thought it Way too much for this market with Magicshine costing R800 and considered disposable. I did do a some repairs for them. 

Simon no longer does Lupine. I don't think he sold many units either. At nearly R10K for the Edison 10 and later the Wilma with the 13.2A.hr battery it was a really really very reallly hard sell

I'd already thrown my lot in wit NightLightning out of NZ and some other brands.