Best design

Brakkies Sport Fotos

I'm looking for a "design / gadget" to attached to my bakkie's cab to held 2 bikes upright when transport.

Something like when the front wheel is removed and you use a skewer that hold the fork. More a less the same our cycle trailers fitting work.

Ant idea's ?

Pops, kry vir jou 'n anglegrinder en sny 'n stuk angle iron en bout dit vas , met die boute van de towbar, sodat dwars oor die bak agter gaan. Bout bo-op dit van die quick release houers wat mens by fietswinkels kry vas. Steek die vurke van die fietse daarin en scure die fietse met bungee cord deur die ogies van die bak. maak dit mooii met blikkie spraypaint.

Was dit nie goed om ou Jo-Lo weer te sien post nie..... ai die memories!!!!

Net iets bysit by oom H se post.

Maak seker dat die fietse nie te naby aan die roll bar van jou bakkie is nie.  Kan nogal skade maak aan die roll bar / fietse.

I did what oompie H said but used Aluminium Squire instead . Excluding the Hold Fast goodies (R90.00 at cycle lab) the contraption cost me under R80 . It is light , I take it off when I don't need it , will take 3 bikes easily and 4 bikes not so easy , did not need a spray job and took be 20 minutes to make .

I've had an idea for quite a while and now someone will proberbly take it. It is much the same as Big H's idea but with with 2 pieces of U-tubing running inside each other on rollers. the bottom part is bolted to the bakkie. The front part of the moving/top tubing is attached to the tailgate via a hinge. So if you open the tailgate, the bike slides forward. Or if it dosn't attache to the tailgate you can just pull it by hand to make reaching the bike easier.

LOL YOu must have had this idea for a very long time !! You can buy these slide-out goodies from Builders WArehouse and then mount anything on top of it . But it is very expensive and would be much cheaper to build urself .

Big%20smile

What I do when transporting it in my bakkie is remove the front wheel, place a cloth over the saddle because it touches the canopy & tie the bike down on a matress with stretch cables spanning across the load box....& I don't have to remove the tailgate.....simple 

"DTThumbs%20Up

Thanks guys, think I'm going to try and steel from the fitsport idee.

Aaai Oom H, sy's 'n oulike meisie. laaik haar nogal. sy's nie op haar bek geval.