RockShox Deluxe vs SIDLuxe

Matt006

14 minutes ago, Matt006 said:

What is better for a cross country bike? 

I beleive sidluxe is their best cross country suspension

For what bike?

deluxe is a non metric range while SIDLuxe is the newer metric range 

SIDLuxe is a more tunable platform so it’s better from that perspective if it fits your bike 

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

For what bike?

SIDLuxe is a more tunable platform so it’s better from that perspective if it fits your bike 

Some of the deluxe models are metric... not trying to get into an argument, just FYI

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Some of the deluxe models are metric... not trying to get into an argument, just FYI

True ! 
those are the models they introduced just as that standard was being rolled out in the industry and before SidLuxe was launched 

17 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

For what bike?

A titan cypher pro

8 minutes ago, Matt006 said:

A titan cypher pro

The cypher pro already comes with a sidluxe select+, so if you want to upgrade, I reccomend the sidluxe ultimate.

5 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

The cypher pro already comes with a sidluxe select+, so if you want to upgrade, I reccomend the sidluxe ultimate.

The old cypher pro came with a deluxe ultimate in the back

21 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't think you need to upgrade from the SIDluxe select+ though.

Any 'upgrade' from there for most people is just spending money

Agreed, the difference between select+ and ultimate is nitpicking. Unless you are racing on a high level, it will not make enough difference to justify the expenditure. But go for it if you are dead set on it, nothing like the feeling of upgrading your bike!

44 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

i don't they're very different mechanically except that the Select+ is also OEM so may not be available over the counter. I also don't think' there a huge difference in price.

Both are lock out compatible, both are highly tunable so save for the difference in more bling decals on the Ultimate they are similar.

The head of the outer body of the shocks are different which is where the 4gr of weight saving comes from

Edited by DieselnDust

53 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It comes with a deluxe ultimate on it and I was wondering the differences between the sidluxe ultimate and the deluxe ultimate just to get a general idea of where the advances of each shock is

1 hour ago, Matt006 said:

It comes with a deluxe ultimate on it and I was wondering the differences between the sidluxe ultimate and the deluxe ultimate just to get a general idea of where the advances of each shock is

the Delux is based on the Monarch, so must less tunable unless you find someone who can cut new shims

SidLuxe is fully tunable, has a much better rebound circuit and better flow control on the compressions side to allow for better balancing HSC and LSC by a mechanic trained on the ns and out of the SidLuxe

On 5/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, DieselnDust said:

the Delux is based on the Monarch, so must less tunable unless you find someone who can cut new shims

SidLuxe is fully tunable, has a much better rebound circuit and better flow control on the compressions side to allow for better balancing HSC and LSC by a mechanic trained on the ns and out of the SidLuxe

The Deluxe is not based on the Monarch. It got an update in 2020 or 2021, and the damper structure is based on the same design as the bigger piggyback Deluxe shocks, with a new inline RCT damper.

27 minutes ago, NomadMark said:

The Deluxe is not based on the Monarch. It got an update in 2020 or 2021, and the damper structure is based on the same design as the bigger piggyback Deluxe shocks, with a new inline RCT damper.

Ah this is good to know thanks, means it’s more tuneable if a little more active than previous Monarch designs. Thanks for the heads up