Ellen van Dijk 2022 Hour Record Attempt

nathrix

2 hours ago, Knersboy said:

Yoh she is belting it. I haven’t seen her look up once, dunno how she does it. This must be super painful.

The little tuft of her ponytail flapping in the wind is driving me nuts though.

3 watts down the drain 

Massive ride! I love the way Ellen acknowledges herself and the team as this is a complete collective effort. Faster than Merckx in those days. 

Super impressive! Holding that pace for an hour. 
What an achievement Ellen and team.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Massive ride! I love the way Ellen acknowledges herself and the team as this is a complete collective effort. Faster than Merckx in those days. 

how far has this sport come hey? 

I'm not sure of the splits towards the end, but she was consistently going 0.3s faster a lap for 30min.

and wasn't the Jensie commentary awesome?

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

50 years between them...it will be scary to know how much time Eddy would put into the others.

5Qnwii62EfoTqAgCPhhNrh-1200-80.jpg

EHtx62WXkAAGt_P.jpeg

Massive achievement.

I'd love to know what the like of Eddie etc. from that era would do on modern equipment. I look at the gearing they used and cant help but imagine the massive power they were putting out back then.