All New Dropper Post Lever from cSixx

Bike Hub Features

When you are slapping the saddle down almost as often as changing gears, you want to ensure that you have a sharp actuation with no hesitation or doubt in your mind that it won’t lower out of the way. The folks down at cSixx have tried and tested almost all the levers on the market, […]

View full article

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I wish they would stop over branding their products. 

You mean too much visible branding?  Does not seem more excessive than any other brand or am I missing something?

23 minutes ago, Ossie NL said:

You mean too much visible branding?  Does not seem more excessive than any other brand or am I missing something?

In fact...the branding is TINY...I mean where else could one even put it on a lever?

I'm glad to see cSixx expanding their product portfolio but this dropper lever doesn't offer me anything my e-thirteen Vario dropper lever doesn't. I would have liked different actuation options, e.g. with the index finger as a trigger rather than a thumb lever. There's no right hand side option to work with a gripshift and Push to Lock lock lever. Its kind of a me too product without a dropper.

it looks great though so theres that

When you are slapping the saddle down almost as often as changing gears, you want to ensure that you have your head on straight

Sommer gratis reggemaak.

I'd slap that onto my bike in a heartbeat. 

Lever stroke slides as smooth as a tendertrepreneur through a coal transport contract, beautiful details that are all CNC cut into the metal with precision, and nice finishing details.

If you ever pay the guys at Csixx a visit you will see that their manufacturing processes are impressive or even more so than the product itself. Hours are spent over cut path details, the feel of the actual product on the bike right down to the laser etch design. 

Before you have negative comments, maybe realize that most of us cannot even engineer a ProNutro box let alone bike parts that can be used and abused, all while that coal contract never gets delivered and the actual lights and machines go off. 

The fact that it us being produced right here in Cape Town is amazing, and the fact that it looks amazing, works well and is packaged so nicely is something even some international players wouldn't be able to achieve. Just take a look at the tacky cardboard placard your R1100 Bontrager Line Elite Dropper arrives on... 

Now go out there, and support local(and your local bike shop)!

16 minutes ago, mountainfun said:

Can I use this with my reverb?  I still have the old push button...

nope. Reverb is hydraulically actuated. This is for cable actuated (like most posts) posts.

51 minutes ago, mountainfun said:

Can I use this with my reverb?  I still have the old push button...

You can, but you'll need a Bikeyoke DeHy converter which converts the Reverb actuator to a cable type.

It's definitely not for everyone, but if the Spez lever on my bike ever throws in the towel this will most likely replace it. It's just that much more polished than the budget options, and locally manufactured as well.

Wolftooth / Bikeyoke quality for a much more reasonable price - I've never seen anything rubbish come out of that machine shop.