Scott Spark 970 - Twinlock Query

Ryan Bevan

I recently had my front shock serviced and now the twinlock lockout isn't working 100% . The repair shop said that the twinlock system doesn't really work on the cheaper shocks its only fully open or fully locked. Is this really the case ? 

I have a 2021 Scott Spark 970 with RockShox Judy Silver TK Solo Air. 

Edited by Ryan Bevan
spelling mistake

Load of rubbish! All Twinlock Sparks should have three modes. Open, traction and full lock. If it was working before service, it should be working after service. What exactly are you experiencing issues with?

Hi. I had this with my Scott Spark 920 with a Fox 34 Performance after a service. It had the 3 setting selection, open, trail and closed. On closed my fork never locked out any more. I battled for along time and then was told the fork doesnt completely lock out but I wasnt convinced. Sadly I never came up with a solution, I did read about clocking the fork but the process is different compared to the rockshox

Edited by stevieg8

18 minutes ago, thebob said:

Load of rubbish! All Twinlock Sparks should have three modes. Open, traction and full lock. If it was working before service, it should be working after service. What exactly are you experiencing issues with?

Edited by Ryan Bevan

The shock was staying locked out then only fully open or fully locked. Its back with them now so it needs to be fixed. 

16 minutes ago, Ryan Bevan said:

The shock was staying locked out then only fully open or fully locked. Its back with them now so it needs to be fixed. 

This does sound like the spring isnt being clocked correctly. Who is the service provider ?

58 minutes ago, Ryan Bevan said:

Sounds like you shouldn't trust these guys, go get your bike and take it to someone that actually know what they doing.

Up here, thats Cogent, dont know down there ...

Thanks for all the replies. I have given them the feedback and will give them a chance to fix the issue. Will provide an update once I get my bike back. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Bevan said:

Thanks for all the replies. I have given them the feedback and will give them a chance to fix the issue. Will provide an update once I get my bike back. 

Let us know how it goes. This makes my blood boil. A service provider messes up and then tries to cover for it by shrugging their shoulders and saying it is normal.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, Ryan Bevan said:

I recently had my front shock serviced and now the twinlock lockout isn't working 100% . The repair shop said that the twinlock system doesn't really work on the cheaper shocks its only fully open or fully locked. Is this really the case ? 

I have a 2021 Scott Spark 970 with RockShox Judy Silver TK Solo Air. 

Rear Shock X-Fusion NUDE RLX, 3-mode adjust via Scott TwinLoc TSP (Lockout, Traction Control, Descend), rebound adjust, trunnion mount, 165mm x 45mm
Fork

RockShox Judy Silver TK, Solo Air spring, 2-mode adjust via Scott TwinLoc TSP (Lockout, Open), rebound adjust, 42mm offset

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Scott/Spark-970,31438

Edited by dasilvarsa

Collected the bike now and i only have full open or full closed with no answer as to why the traction control isn't working. I'm told i shouldn't be using it anyway. 

Now i need to find a new bike shop :) 

18 minutes ago, Ryan Bevan said:

Collected the bike now and i only have full open or full closed with no answer as to why the traction control isn't working. I'm told i shouldn't be using it anyway. 

Now i need to find a new bike shop :) 

Dont find a bike shop, find someone that specialize in suspension !