Buys & Wakefield win maiden SA Marathon titles at Karkloof

News bot

Philip Buys and Amy Wakefield produced supreme displays at the 2022 Sappi Karkloof Classic Trail Festival to claim maiden national marathon titles in the men’s and women’s races respectively on Sunday. PYGA Euro Steel’s Philip Buys wins the national marathon title at the Sappi Karkloof Classic Trail Festival on Sunday. Anthony Grote/ Gameplan Media Both […]

View full article

Great riding
Congrats to the winners

I was expecting Matt Beers to wipe the floor with everyone though.
Especially after his success in the US and A.

1 hour ago, splat said:

Great riding
Congrats to the winners

I was expecting Matt Beers to wipe the floor with everyone though.
Especially after his success in the US and A.

Matt has 3 broken ribs and was sent the wrong way due to bad markings. Lost just under 3min. But that is racing.

Taking nothing away from Phil he was the deserved winner. he was so good on the day

7 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Matt has 3 broken ribs and was sent the wrong way due to bad markings. Lost just under 3min. But that is racing.

Taking nothing away from Phil he was the deserved winner. he was so good on the day

Is Amy family of yours? If so, congrats!

I see Amy had some trouble with her Shifter and swapped it out for a replacement unit at the tech  zone. Gone are the days when a spare shifter cable in the saddle bag was enough to get you home

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

I see Amy had some trouble with her Shifter and swapped it out for a replacement unit at the tech  zone. Gone are the days when a spare shifter cable in the saddle bag was enough to get you home

another AXS strike?