The Correct Bicycle Size for Your Child

It’s that time of the year, and Christmas presents are looming. Titan have put together this handy guide for choosing the correct size bicycle for your child so that santa can deliver the joy of cycling to your little one.   At Titan Racing, we have built a strong reputation for delivering a quality Junior […]

View full article

Love what you guys are doing in this space, have got one of yours in our arsenal.

Please can we stop over engineering kids bikes?

Adult bike frames break every now and then,

kids bikes 20" and under never do, They get abused and are still bullet proof. They can surely be even lighter. I would be totally up for a range of lighter less durable kids bike frames and wheels, with the odd failure. 

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

It's tough. The vast majority of parents want to purchase a child's bicycle for less than what an entry level set of adult bike rims costs. The easiest way to do this is to over engineer and mass produce.

31 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Love what you guys are doing in this space, have got one of yours in our arsenal.

Adult bike frames break every now and then,

kids bikes 20" and under never do, They get abused and are still bullet proof. They can surely be even lighter. I would be totally up for a range of lighter less durable kids bike frames and wheels, with the odd failure. 

totally agree, kids bikes are still too heavy. My daughters Signal weighs more than my Scalpel.

I'm in the process of putting a new bike together for her. I have lot's of 26er parts for the job but I can't find an XS frame anywhere.

These Hydroformed bikes would be suitable basis for this project if I could get my hands on just the frameset #helpmetitanracing

17 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

It's tough. The vast majority of parents want to purchase a child's bicycle for less than what an entry level set of adult bike rims costs. The easiest way to do this is to over engineer and mass produce.

when you're having to buy them bikes every few years because the damn kids keep growing it becomes an expensive exercise to buy expesnive bikes each time.

We've been lucky so far that the gap between my 2 girls is just big enough that they almost grow out of their bikes at the same time, so buy the eldest one a new bike and pass her old one down. this allows for buying a slightly better bike.

Love the value for money the Titans offer, good quality. We currently have 2 Titans in the fleet, recently sold the 14" Titan and added a 26"

I have 2 issues with all these bikes. 

High BB (more important than stand over as this drives saddle height from the ground, and thus whether their feet can reach the ground or not getting on/off). My daughters Mercer is 40mm lower than the Titan, thats a lot for them. With the short cranks they should be running ground clearance is not an issue. I dont see crank length specified? 

Steep head angle. I cannot fathom why they cant slacken out to around 67deg on all sizes?