[Event] Theuniskraal MTB and Trail Run 2022, Tulbagh

Jorrie

Event Name: Theuniskraal MTB and Trail Run 2022, Tulbagh
When: 26/06/2022
Where: , Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

After the success of the Run Theuniskraal Trail Run for the past 6 year's we decided to ad to the excitement of the Winter in July weekend in the Tulbagh Valley by adding our 1st MTB to the weekend on Sunday the 26th. 

Riders can expect some of the best trails in the Tulbagh Valley that was also used for the Epic in 2021.

Alongside our amazing sponsors we promise a value for money event not only catering for our riders with pristine trails and some newly build single track, but also looking after the needs of the whole family. As always our event ties up with the Christmas in Winter Wine Festival taking place over the weekend of 25-26 June in the Tulbagh valley, and our hosts, Theuniskraal (one of Tulbagh’s best-known wine farms and South Africa’s very first white-wine estate, has a history as interesting, and as old, as the town itself) can’t wait to share their hospitality & selection of fine wines with you.

So come join us and become part of the Theuniskraal MTB history!

Go to Event Page.

• 2 weeks later...

This should be fun, been to the Christmas in winter festival before, quite a nice vibe!

Edited by Jacques3211

For those of you that haven't entered yet, weather predictions looks like we're slotting in nicely between the cold fronts with sunny weather predicted for the whole weekend of the Christmas in July festival. 

9 hours ago, Jorrie said:

For those of you that haven't entered yet, weather predictions looks like we're slotting in nicely between the cold fronts with sunny weather predicted for the whole weekend of the Christmas in July festival. 

Hi I hear the riding in Tulbagh is amazing. Looking forward to doing this event.

Anyone else interested?

Where can I find a map of the route?

14 hours ago, toastttoast said:

Hi I hear the riding in Tulbagh is amazing. Looking forward to doing this event.

Anyone else interested?

Where can I find a map of the route?

Thanks, yes we're doing our best to keep adding new trails to the current network. All proceeds for this event will be put back into new trails.

The route maps show on my side but for some reason it don't want to show on this page. If you click on the "enter event" link you'll find the route maps on the entry ninja site. If you still can't find it PM me then I'll mail it to you. 

Edited by Jorrie

1 hour ago, Jorrie said:

Thanks, yes we're doing our best to keep adding new trails to the current network. All proceeds for this event will be put back into new trails.

The route maps show on my side but for some reason it don't want to show on this page. If you click on the "enter event" link you'll find the route maps on the entry ninja site. If you still can't find it PM me then I'll mail it to you. 

Looking at that map it seems to include Fanties Pass? If that is correct then I'm gutted 😞to be missing out on this opportunity. 

11 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Looking at that map it seems to include Fanties Pass? If that is correct then I'm gutted 😞to be missing out on this opportunity. 

Hi Milky, for this year only the 30km trail run are going through Fanties pass. The 45km MTB are going up Jannies Pass on Remhoogte which is right next to Fanties. Fanties can get quite dangerous when wet so we were uncertain if we should include it or not. Might include it in the future weather permitting...

Nice King of the Mountain prize up for grabs, sponsored by Rijks Wine Estate & Hotel to the value of about R10 000!! Hope to see some racing snakes compete for this one up Jannies Pass on Remhoogte! 

Edited by Jorrie

The weather forcast looks excellent, with sunny weather predicted from Friday for the whole weekend. A couple of us did the 45km route yesterday and the trails drained very well after Saturday's rain. Do not underestimate the 45km - it's a tough ride.

Weather forcast still great for the weekend, hope to welcome some bikehub locals in my backyard! We've changed the start times to 8:30 (45km) and 9:00 (25km) to accomodate some riders from out of town.

Forgot to mention...some bike-addict online vouchers up for grabbs on the Fiery Forrest single track strava segment.

On 6/17/2022 at 1:35 PM, Jorrie said:

Nice King of the Mountain prize up for grabs, sponsored by Rijks Wine Estate & Hotel to the value of about R10 000!! Hope to see some racing snakes compete for this one up Jannies Pass on Remhoogte! 

King of the Mountain.pdf 1014.36 kB · 4 downloads

i see four people have already downloaded the voucher. but i made my booking first!

(just kidding, you might want to change the voucher code!)

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

i see four people have already downloaded the voucher. but i made my booking first!

(just kidding, you might want to change the voucher code!)

😲Eish...didn't even notice that ha ha...thanks for letting me know! We'll generate a new code that I'll give to the winner on the day...and of course put the police on anyone trying to redeem the old code🤪 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:54 PM, Jorrie said:

😲Eish...didn't even notice that ha ha...thanks for letting me know! We'll generate a new code that I'll give to the winner on the day...and of course put the police on anyone trying to redeem the old code🤪 

So who won it? how did the mtb race go? where can I find the results? Thanks