Weekday rides - Cape Town (Lakeside)

ScottoM

I will be moving from JHB to Cape Town on the 16th of July and was wondering if there are any weekday morning group rides around the Lakeside area? Similar to Engen2Engen? Even afternoon rides would do.

Any advice or recommendations would be highly appreciated. TIA!

Thursday night rides from bike park uitsig in Constantia.

there’s a city cycling group that leaves Claremont area at 6am , passes lakeside around 6:20 on Wednesday mornings 

I ride most mornings or evenings from the yacht club area 6:15 -am if it’s mornings or 17:30 if afternoon. You’ll need lights and I generally do something structured 

1 hour ago, Scott Mullin said:

I will be moving from JHB to Cape Town on the 16th of July and was wondering if there are any weekday morning group rides around the Lakeside area? Similar to Engen2Engen? Even afternoon rides would do.

Our rag tag group rides a few times a week. I start the procession from Muizenberg and pick people up in Lakeside and Tokai. 

06:05 to 06:08 through Lakeside.

We do a 55km ish loop over constantia nek, chappies and home via main road. You're welcome to hit me up when you get here to join. 

One or twoof the guys are absolute weapons, some of us are not. Usually 2 to 5 people depending on who is around

What's your age ? (If I may be so bold)

Average speed and distances on your rides.

There are a number of groups.

2 hours ago, Scott Mullin said:

There are some Pure Savage guys who leave at about 4:45 I believe to do a similar vibe to E2E, normally pretty chilled cruise to Waterfront via Claremont and then hammer to top pf Chappies, and back through Fishoek. 

2 hours ago, porqui said:

What's your age ? (If I may be so bold)

Average speed and distances on your rides.

There are a number of groups.

Sure! I’m 31 and have an average race pace of about 32-34km/h.

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

You're doing it wrong,...

"Whats your Argust time...?" Scott Mullin

I thought I may be 

Old or new Argust ??

(But there is a reason for the questions)